Urgent call for more volunteers at vaccination sites
- Credit: Archant
An urgent call has gone out for people to offer support as steward volunteers at vaccination sites across Norwich and South Norfolk.
NHS Volunteer Responders are calling for more steward volunteers in Norwich and Harleston amid a growing need in the East of England.
With the NHS calling for help to get local people vaccinated over the summer, particularly in those areas of most vaccination need, steward volunteers are particularly needed to support the efficient and safe movement of patients through the vaccination sites at the Norwich Castle Quarter (POD 1) Food Court and Paddock Road Surgery in Bullock Fair Close, Harleston.
Catherine Johnstone, chief executive of Royal Voluntary Service, said: “There is a particular need for steward volunteers to help the vaccination programme reach communities most in need.
"If you are able to help by joining the team, please don’t hesitate.
"Together we can get the jabs done.”
People interested are being asked to go to www.nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk to sign up as a Steward Volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
Shifts usually last up to six hours with expenses covered.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Psychic to use 'special gift' at Bungay's Fisher Theatre