Waveney bus services face three-week disruption
- Credit: Archant
Bus services in Waveney will be disrupted for three weeks due to roadworks.
Four routes with Border Bus and three First Bus services will be affected by roadworks at Newgate from Monday (June 24) to Friday, July 12.
Border Bus have said that services affected include the 146 bus which will be unable to stop at Blyburgate when heading towards Southwold and will divert via Ballygate, St Mary's Road and Peddars Lane.
The Southwold-bound 524 service will also not serve Blyburgate.
The town service bus, when leaving town, will also divert via Ballygate, St Mary's Road and Peddars Lane.
You may also want to watch:
The 580 bus will be unable to serve Blyburgate and Beccles Hospital when heading towards Bungay and will divert via Ballygate.
Buses going to Great Yarmouth will be unaffected.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
First Bus said the X2, X21 and X22 buses will call at the Old Market going towards Lowestoft.
Buses will then be diverted down Ballygate, St Mary's Road and Peddars Lane to Ingate.
Passengers will not be able to alight at Tesco or on Blyburgate.
Services towards Norwich will follow the normal route and stop at Old Market as usual.
Passengers are asked to make sure they catch the bus in the right direction at the Old Market.