Waveney charities to benefit from Co-op community fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Four Waveney community groups are set to receive thousands of pounds thanks to the Co-op’s local community fund.
The charities included in the scheme are Ringsfield Hall, Friends of Mendham Primary School, Voluntary Help Centre and the Southwold Arts Centre, which is located in St Edmund’s Hall.
A Co-op spokesman said the initiative will provide a considerable portion of funding for many good causes.
When a Co-op member buys own brand products from food stores or a funeral plan or funeral from Funeralcare they earn a 5pc reward for themselves with a further 1pc going to local good causes.
Shoppers can choose which charity get the money via the Co-op website.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Winter, Co-op are manager, said: “ As a community retailer we want to support the causes that matter most - nationwide the local community fund is making a real difference to charities and good causes throughout the country.”
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found