Waveney charities to benefit from Co-op community fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Four Waveney community groups are set to receive thousands of pounds thanks to the Co-op’s local community fund.
The charities included in the scheme are Ringsfield Hall, Friends of Mendham Primary School, Voluntary Help Centre and the Southwold Arts Centre, which is located in St Edmund’s Hall.
A Co-op spokesman said the initiative will provide a considerable portion of funding for many good causes.
When a Co-op member buys own brand products from food stores or a funeral plan or funeral from Funeralcare they earn a 5pc reward for themselves with a further 1pc going to local good causes.
Shoppers can choose which charity get the money via the Co-op website.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Winter, Co-op are manager, said: “ As a community retailer we want to support the causes that matter most - nationwide the local community fund is making a real difference to charities and good causes throughout the country.”
- 1 Air ambulance called after man suffers medical emergency in Bungay
- 2 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 3 Revealed - Where Suffolk's recycling waste is shipped to
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 6 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 7 Primary school on track to achieving 'good' status according to Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 9 'Human swan' to fly over Suffolk during 3,000-mile UK flight
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day