Waveney charities to benefit from Co-op community fund
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Four Waveney community groups are set to receive thousands of pounds thanks to the Co-op’s local community fund.
The charities included in the scheme are Ringsfield Hall, Friends of Mendham Primary School, Voluntary Help Centre and the Southwold Arts Centre, which is located in St Edmund’s Hall.
A Co-op spokesman said the initiative will provide a considerable portion of funding for many good causes.
When a Co-op member buys own brand products from food stores or a funeral plan or funeral from Funeralcare they earn a 5pc reward for themselves with a further 1pc going to local good causes.
Shoppers can choose which charity get the money via the Co-op website.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Winter, Co-op are manager, said: “ As a community retailer we want to support the causes that matter most - nationwide the local community fund is making a real difference to charities and good causes throughout the country.”
- 1 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 2 Concerns over continued closure of Bungay bridge
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 6 1960s music night to raise hospital funds
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham