Virtual May Day Festival to offer array of music and culture
- Credit: Waveney TUC
Waveney May Day festival is set to be held online this year and will celebrate some of Lowestoft's culture and music.
The event is organised by Waveney TUC and celebrates International Workers Day.
Some of the highlights will include writer Dean Parkin joining forces with folk duo John and Lynne Ward to present sights and sounds celebrating their hometown, featuring stories, poems and archive photos from Dean alongside a selection of John's finest songs capturing Lowestoft’s character.
The rest of the day will include entertaining live music spanning every genre from rock, folk, blues and roots to even some sea shanties.
Among other highlights at the event will be an online zoom discussion about the climate emergency and Suffolk solutions.
You may also want to watch:
Some topics being discussed will include Sizewell, transport, the environmental coast and asking: is it really a choice between jobs and clean energy?
The event will conclude with headliner Mexican singer-songwriter León Chávez Teixeiro.
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Teenager given big break with weekly show on coastal radio station