Waveney MP urges schools to benefit from solar panels
WAVENEY MP, Peter Aldous is urging schools to take advantage of British Gas’ �15 million solar panel giveaway.
All schools in the UK are eligible to put themselves forward to the company in order to win solar panels, worth between �20,000 and �40,000 each.
Schools will need to demonstrate they are amongst the most sustainable in the country before winning the panels, which could cut as much as 20pc off a school’s annual electricity bill.
Under the competition, up to 750 schools will receive free solar panels, with around half of the prizes going to schools in low income areas.
In addition to the solar panels, schools will also receive a free energy display meter. This is expected to help reduce energy consumption by a further 10-15pc.
You may also want to watch:
The competition comes from British Gas’s Generation Green programme, a 10,000 strong schools programme, which rewards schools for green actions.
Schools can join the competition by filling in the application form on www.generationgreen.co.uk/solarpanels/
- 1 Speed checks on A144 near Halesworth just weeks after fatal crash
- 2 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 3 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 4 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 5 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 New book chronicles one of the most tragic rail collisions in history
- 8 Business grants of up to £25,000 on offer to Covid-hit companies
- 9 50 unmissable nights out in Suffolk
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
Mr Aldous said: “This is an excellent opportunity for schools in Waveney to go green and save money. Schools which win the British Gas competition will be able to generate their own green electricity, helping them cut as much as 20pc off their annual electricity bill – surely a great incentive to apply.
“If you think that a school in your community would benefit from getting free solar panels, please spend five minutes filling out the form on the British Gas Generation Green website – there’s every chance that a school in Waveney could win the competition and save money and energy.”
Interested schools should apply by October 22.