Waveney Stardust to be showcased to public
- Credit: Archant
A charity set up to provide elderly people and those with disabilities a gateway to enjoying the waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk will be meeting the public over the bank holiday weekend.
Waveney Stardust will be on display at Beccles quayside on Bank Holiday Monday, May 7.
Now in its 26th year, the Waveney Stardust Trust – the proud owner of two specially adapted cruisers with ramps, lifts and open plan cabins with level floors, for safe access for people and wheelchairs – is set to be showcased to the public between 11am and 3pm on Monday.
Ginnette Lovegrove, chairman of Waveney Stardust Trust, said: “Members of the public are more than welcome to come aboard, see the facilities on the boat and chat with us.
“The Broads Beat boat will also be there and Hugh Taylor will also be in attendance representing the River Waveney Trust. We also hope to have the Broads Authority rangers joining ud on the day.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.waveneystardust.co.uk for further information.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles