Charity which offers cruiser trips for elderly and disabled to hold annual meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Waveney Stardust Trust is holding its annual general meeting on Friday, March 23.
Now in its 26th year, the trust will be meeting at Gillingham Village Hall with doors opening at 6.30pm for a 7pm meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
A spokesman said: “The two boats are nearly ready to re-launch and, despite the cold snap, plans are well advanced for the new season.
“Waveney Stardust is a charity established to enable the elderly and people with disabilities to enjoy the waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk in a safe and easily accessible way.
“Twenty-six years on, the trust is the proud owner of two specially adapted cruisers with ramps, lifts and open plan cabins with level floors, for safe access for people and wheelchairs. The boats, run by highly trained volunteers, take parties of up to 12 people afloat on subsidised cruises on our beautiful rivers and Broads.”
You may also want to watch:
The season commences with half and full day trips from April 1.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings