Charity which offers cruiser trips for elderly and disabled to hold annual meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Waveney Stardust Trust is holding its annual general meeting on Friday, March 23.
Now in its 26th year, the trust will be meeting at Gillingham Village Hall with doors opening at 6.30pm for a 7pm meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
A spokesman said: “The two boats are nearly ready to re-launch and, despite the cold snap, plans are well advanced for the new season.
“Waveney Stardust is a charity established to enable the elderly and people with disabilities to enjoy the waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk in a safe and easily accessible way.
“Twenty-six years on, the trust is the proud owner of two specially adapted cruisers with ramps, lifts and open plan cabins with level floors, for safe access for people and wheelchairs. The boats, run by highly trained volunteers, take parties of up to 12 people afloat on subsidised cruises on our beautiful rivers and Broads.”
You may also want to watch:
The season commences with half and full day trips from April 1.
- 1 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Missing pregnant woman found
- 5 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 10 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman