Charity which offers cruiser trips for elderly and disabled to hold annual meeting
- Credit: Archant
The Waveney Stardust Trust is holding its annual general meeting on Friday, March 23.
Now in its 26th year, the trust will be meeting at Gillingham Village Hall with doors opening at 6.30pm for a 7pm meeting. Members of the public are welcome to attend.
A spokesman said: “The two boats are nearly ready to re-launch and, despite the cold snap, plans are well advanced for the new season.
“Waveney Stardust is a charity established to enable the elderly and people with disabilities to enjoy the waterways of Norfolk and Suffolk in a safe and easily accessible way.
“Twenty-six years on, the trust is the proud owner of two specially adapted cruisers with ramps, lifts and open plan cabins with level floors, for safe access for people and wheelchairs. The boats, run by highly trained volunteers, take parties of up to 12 people afloat on subsidised cruises on our beautiful rivers and Broads.”
You may also want to watch:
The season commences with half and full day trips from April 1.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay