Waveney Valley Food and Drink Festival comes to a close in Bungay
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It showcased the very best food and drink the region has to offer.
And today the Waveney Valley Food and Drink Festival held its last event with a fair at Bungay Castle.
Now in its fourth year, the event had been running since October 2, based in and around Beccles, Bungay, Diss, Eye, Halesworth, Harleston and Loddon.
There were tastings, farm tours, community events and open days on offer for people looking to enjoy local produce from local companies.
And hundreds enjoyed the fine weather and food against the backdrop of Bungay Castle this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Waveney Valley Food and Drink Festival Keith Parker said: “We’re trying to promote all the great things the Waveney Valley produces and the restaurants and businesses.
“We want to make it a place synonymous with good food and good hospitality.
- 1 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 2 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 3 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 4 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 5 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
“All the events have been well-attended and now we’re on the fourth year it’s beginning to get a real reputation.”
For a full report, see Friday’s Beccles and Bungay Journal.