Norfolk and Suffolk set for mini heatwave with 28C temperatures
- Credit: Brittany Woodman
Norfolk and Suffolk are set for a "mini heatwave" as temperatures are expected to soar.
Weatherquest, based at the University of East Anglia in Norwich, has predicted parts of Norfolk will reach 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A spookesman said: "Temperatures in the county are expected to reach 27C on Monday and 28C on Tuesday and Wednesday.
"The warmest places are likely to be away from the immediate coast, with the south west of the county most favoured to reach these highs such as Thetford."
The weather changes are being brought about by increasing high pressure and a southerly wind.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as welcome news to sun lovers after days of cloud and disappointing temperatures.
The forceaster confirmed: “Early next week high pressure will be in control and the winds will start to turn more southerly as well and from Monday we will see more in the way of sunshine for the most part.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
“This will be one of the warmest spells of weather we have had in a while."