North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus