North Norfolk coast hit by 53mph winds but calmer Sunday expected
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Strong gusts of wind are expected throughout the day in Norfolk with a maximum speed of around 50mph inland.
A meteorologist from Norwich-based forecasting company Weatherquest said the strongest winds this morning have been recorded at Weybourne on the north Norfolk coast.
Gusts reached a maximum speed of 53mph there, while the rest of the region has had wind speeds in the region of 35-40mph.
Strong south-westerly winds are expected for the rest of the day with Weatherquest expecting maximum speeds to reach 45-50mph.
Some areas on the coast could even see wind speeds reach as high as 55mph, but the weather is expected to ease overnight.
You may also want to watch:
Heading into Sunday, it is expected the winds will move north-west with breezy, but light to moderate winds, predicted.
Gusts could reach up to 40mph at times tomorrow, but are expected to be below that for most of the day.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles