Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- Credit: peter cutts
Forecasters have warned of the danger of lightning strikes across the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft areas as stormy weather continues to hit the region.
Travel could be disrupted across the area with a chance of hail this afternoon, according to the Met Office.
It has issued a yellow weather warning, saying that there could be delays to trains and power cuts, as well as damage to buildings.
It is forecast to hit Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Bungay, as well as across other areas of East Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
Downpours could also bring around 20mm of rain within an hour, and perhaps 30-40 mm in a few hours for a few locations - leading to possible flooding in places.
You may also want to watch:
The showers and thunderstorms are expected between 12pm and 9pm, easing by late evening.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 3 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 6 Town's neighbourhood plan approved after referendum
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 10 Village pub opens brand new café