Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters are predicting the chance of wintry showers before this weekend as temperatures continue to drop.
Parts of Suffolk could see sleet showers turn to snow on Friday morning, with temperatures set to remain under 5C throughout the day.
But although people may need to pull out their hats and gloves, it is not time to get any snow shovels out yet, according to East Anglia-based forecasters Weatherquest.
Fred Best, Weatherquest meteorologist, said the chances of any snow settling is low.
Mr Best said: “We are going to see rain through the night on Thursday and into the morning.
You may also want to watch:
“Most of the time it will be mainly rain, although there is the chance of some wintriness there – perhaps brief spells of something more snowy, but we won’t see anything laying on the ground.
“It is going to be fairly chilly though, on Friday we can expect highs of around 4C and it will be a similar situation into the weekend.”
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 5 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 6 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney