Weather warning for heavy rain issued for Norfolk
- Credit: The Met Office
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for heavy rain across Norfolk this weekend.
The warning, which covers all of East Anglia, is in place from midnight through to around 6am on Sunday.
Heavy rain and showers are expected to develop on Saturday night and persist into the early hours of Sunday morning.
While many areas will miss the worst of the weather, others could see 20mm to 40mm of rainfall in less than three hours - potentially leading to flooding and disruption on the roads.
The warning states flooding of a few homes and businesses is likely, local transport such as bus and train services will "probably" be affected with journey times taking longer.
You may also want to watch:
Spray and flooding on roads may increase journey times.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion