Weather warning for thunderstorms as temperatures soar
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms for Norfolk and Waveney.
With temperatures rising, thunderstorms are expected to break out this afternoon and into the evening with the weather warning in place for large parts of the south east of England, including East Anglia.
The thunderstorms are expected to start in London and move up towards Norfolk by 10pm.
The warning, which is in place from 4pm until 12.59pm, states that many places will stay dry but isolated thunderstorms may cause some travel disruption.
The Met Office also warns there could be “some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes” and “some flooding of a few homes and businesses is possible”.
Temperatures in Norfolk and Suffolk are set to rise today, with temperatures possibly exceeding 30C during the day – highs of 35C could be reached in the east of England.
You may also want to watch:
The weekend is set to be slightly cooler, though still hot with highs of 27 °C forecast on Saturday.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 5 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 6 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom