Who will be the next Miss Beccles?
LOCAL girls are being a bit shy about coming forward to take part in this year's Miss Beccles contest - but it is not too late.The competition is being staged next Friday evening at Beccles Middle School by the Beccles Carnival Committee in an event which will see the new Miss Beccles and two Princesses selected to take part in this year's Beccles Carnival and other duties.
LOCAL girls are being a bit shy about coming forward to take part in this year's Miss Beccles contest - but it is not too late.
The competition is being staged next Friday evening at Beccles Middle School by the Beccles Carnival Committee in an event which will see the new Miss Beccles and two princesses selected to take part in this year's Beccles Carnival and other duties.
The evening will include a fashion show by JA Wedding design of Bungay. Tickets for this
year's event will be available on the door only, at the cost of £3 per person.
You may also want to watch:
So if you are aged between eight and 13 and are one of those girls who has always dreamed of being a princess, now is your chance.
The committee stressed it is not a beauty contest - all contestants will be judged on their personality, poise, and dress sense.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published
"We are looking for girls that will represent the town and do it proud at various events during the forthcoming year," said Yvette Tackley, one of the organisers.
If you are aged between 18 and 30 and think you have what it takes to become the new Miss Beccles, you are invited to enter the competition, which will be judged on the same criteria.
All three winners will receive a cash prize and the committee will supply all dresses.
The competition is open to all, so if you have a sister, daughter, mum, or friend who you think has what it takes to be Miss Beccles 2008 get them to enter.
Whoever wins the title will be following in the footsteps of last year's Miss Beccles, Kristen Hoffman.
The committee has extended the deadline for all applications until Wednesday. Entries will not be accepted on the night.
For more information and an application form, contact Annette on 01502 715671 or visit www.becclescarnival.co.uk