Who will be the next Miss Beccles?
LOCAL girls are being a bit shy about coming forward to take part in this year's Miss Beccles contest - but it is not too late.The competition is being staged next Friday evening at Beccles Middle School by the Beccles Carnival Committee in an event which will see the new Miss Beccles and two Princesses selected to take part in this year's Beccles Carnival and other duties.
LOCAL girls are being a bit shy about coming forward to take part in this year's Miss Beccles contest - but it is not too late.
The competition is being staged next Friday evening at Beccles Middle School by the Beccles Carnival Committee in an event which will see the new Miss Beccles and two princesses selected to take part in this year's Beccles Carnival and other duties.
The evening will include a fashion show by JA Wedding design of Bungay. Tickets for this
year's event will be available on the door only, at the cost of £3 per person.
So if you are aged between eight and 13 and are one of those girls who has always dreamed of being a princess, now is your chance.
The committee stressed it is not a beauty contest - all contestants will be judged on their personality, poise, and dress sense.
- 1 Art gallery celebrating local talent to launch at site of former mill
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Popular band preparing to celebrate best of British music in Beccles
- 4 'A very special weekend' - Bungay set for 'happy and glorious' Jubilee
- 5 Suffolk drivers urged to use caution in Quiet Lanes amid growing scheme
- 6 Boost for Beccles Men's Shed with grant funding donation
- 7 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 8 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 9 Former bank could become vets to meet boom in pet ownership
- 10 Festival of Suffolk torch relay reaches Waveney
"We are looking for girls that will represent the town and do it proud at various events during the forthcoming year," said Yvette Tackley, one of the organisers.
If you are aged between 18 and 30 and think you have what it takes to become the new Miss Beccles, you are invited to enter the competition, which will be judged on the same criteria.
All three winners will receive a cash prize and the committee will supply all dresses.
The competition is open to all, so if you have a sister, daughter, mum, or friend who you think has what it takes to be Miss Beccles 2008 get them to enter.
Whoever wins the title will be following in the footsteps of last year's Miss Beccles, Kristen Hoffman.
The committee has extended the deadline for all applications until Wednesday. Entries will not be accepted on the night.
For more information and an application form, contact Annette on 01502 715671 or visit www.becclescarnival.co.uk