Winners of Halesworth’s annual scarecrow festival revealed
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular scarecrow festival raised over £500 for its community as it returned for an eighth year.
Halesworth Scarecrow festival ran from Saturday, October 21, to Saturday October 28.
The event raised £529 which will go towards the festive light fund for the town’s Christmas celebrations this year.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It was absolutely fantastic and so nice to see many of the town’s businesses make such an effort.
“The town was buzzing all week but the main thing is that the children were able to enjoy themselves during half term.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mr Men scarecrows, belonging to Densons Jewellers, delighted visitors both young and old throughout the week and were voted as the best in town.
This year’s event also featured a popular pumpkin treasure hunt. Eight-year-old Alexander Collier won the top prize of £50.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
Alexander also earned the opportunity to switch on the festive lights in Halesworth on November 25.
More information about this year’s festival and future events can be found on the ‘Halesworth Scarecrow Week’ Facebook page.