Winners of Halesworth’s annual scarecrow festival revealed
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular scarecrow festival raised over £500 for its community as it returned for an eighth year.
Halesworth Scarecrow festival ran from Saturday, October 21, to Saturday October 28.
The event raised £529 which will go towards the festive light fund for the town’s Christmas celebrations this year.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It was absolutely fantastic and so nice to see many of the town’s businesses make such an effort.
“The town was buzzing all week but the main thing is that the children were able to enjoy themselves during half term.”
You may also want to watch:
The Mr Men scarecrows, belonging to Densons Jewellers, delighted visitors both young and old throughout the week and were voted as the best in town.
This year’s event also featured a popular pumpkin treasure hunt. Eight-year-old Alexander Collier won the top prize of £50.
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 6 Decision made on East Suffolk council tax freeze
- 7 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 8 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 9 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 10 'Critical milestone' as replica chimneys installed on hospital revamp project
Alexander also earned the opportunity to switch on the festive lights in Halesworth on November 25.
More information about this year’s festival and future events can be found on the ‘Halesworth Scarecrow Week’ Facebook page.