Winners of Halesworth’s annual scarecrow festival revealed
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A popular scarecrow festival raised over £500 for its community as it returned for an eighth year.
Halesworth Scarecrow festival ran from Saturday, October 21, to Saturday October 28.
The event raised £529 which will go towards the festive light fund for the town’s Christmas celebrations this year.
Organiser Karen Prime said: “It was absolutely fantastic and so nice to see many of the town’s businesses make such an effort.
“The town was buzzing all week but the main thing is that the children were able to enjoy themselves during half term.”
The Mr Men scarecrows, belonging to Densons Jewellers, delighted visitors both young and old throughout the week and were voted as the best in town.
This year’s event also featured a popular pumpkin treasure hunt. Eight-year-old Alexander Collier won the top prize of £50.
- 1 Bungay Garden Market returns in full after two year absence
- 2 Joy as Cycle for Life charity ride marks milestone in style
- 3 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 4 Inspirational Emma: “I feel very lucky to be alive”
- 5 Wine dating back to 1960s discovered hidden at town store
- 6 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 7 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 8 Fringe events start in run up to Beccles Food and Drink Festival
- 9 When will the Festival of Suffolk torch relay reach Waveney?
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
Alexander also earned the opportunity to switch on the festive lights in Halesworth on November 25.
More information about this year’s festival and future events can be found on the ‘Halesworth Scarecrow Week’ Facebook page.