Winning streak for Beccles Town girls after securing kit sponsor
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles Town under 12s girls team are now kitted out in a new strip thanks to sponsorship from an opticians in the town.
The deal with Observatory the Opticians allowed the club to purchase the new kit, which will be worn throughout the 2016/17 season.
Coach Carl Wright said: “We are absolutely delighted with the support we have received from Observatory the Opticians, which has allowed us to purchase a brand new kit.
“The girls are thrilled at having a shiny new kit, and it certainly seems to have been a good luck omen for us as the first time we wore it we won 12-0, which is unbelievable.”
The team remains unbeaten in 13 league and cup matches, and manager Terri Studd said the sponsorship gives the girls a sense of belonging and makes them feel a part of the thriving local football family.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui Sayer, Observatory the Opticians practice manager, said: “The girls team has proved really popular in the area and we are delighted to be supporting them.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed