Winning streak for Beccles Town girls after securing kit sponsor
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles Town under 12s girls team are now kitted out in a new strip thanks to sponsorship from an opticians in the town.
The deal with Observatory the Opticians allowed the club to purchase the new kit, which will be worn throughout the 2016/17 season.
Coach Carl Wright said: “We are absolutely delighted with the support we have received from Observatory the Opticians, which has allowed us to purchase a brand new kit.
“The girls are thrilled at having a shiny new kit, and it certainly seems to have been a good luck omen for us as the first time we wore it we won 12-0, which is unbelievable.”
The team remains unbeaten in 13 league and cup matches, and manager Terri Studd said the sponsorship gives the girls a sense of belonging and makes them feel a part of the thriving local football family.
You may also want to watch:
Jacqui Sayer, Observatory the Opticians practice manager, said: “The girls team has proved really popular in the area and we are delighted to be supporting them.”
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message