Winning streak for Beccles Town girls after securing kit sponsor
- Credit: Archant
The Beccles Town under 12s girls team are now kitted out in a new strip thanks to sponsorship from an opticians in the town.
The deal with Observatory the Opticians allowed the club to purchase the new kit, which will be worn throughout the 2016/17 season.
Coach Carl Wright said: “We are absolutely delighted with the support we have received from Observatory the Opticians, which has allowed us to purchase a brand new kit.
“The girls are thrilled at having a shiny new kit, and it certainly seems to have been a good luck omen for us as the first time we wore it we won 12-0, which is unbelievable.”
The team remains unbeaten in 13 league and cup matches, and manager Terri Studd said the sponsorship gives the girls a sense of belonging and makes them feel a part of the thriving local football family.
Jacqui Sayer, Observatory the Opticians practice manager, said: “The girls team has proved really popular in the area and we are delighted to be supporting them.”
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition