Witnesses needed regarding fatal crash
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.
Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
The 24-year-old driver Sam Morphey, of Yoxford, remains in a stable condition in Ipswich Hospital following the crash just after 7am near the Sotherton crossroads on the A145.
Police are keen to speak to two drivers who passed the scene just moments after the collision. Another driver who stopped at the scene has told police at least two other vehicles passed in the immediate aftermath.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Morphey, who was driving the blue Nissan Almera when it left the road, is the brother of Ben Morphey, currently serving a prison sentence after he caused a road crash in which five people were killed.
Ben Morphey, of High Street, Yoxford, was sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court in June last year to eight-and-a-half years' imprisonment, but in November three Appeal Court judges cut this to six-and-a-half years. He admitted five charges of causing death by careless driving while unfit due to drink.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
Anyone with information about Wednesday's collision should contact PC Jon Doran or Sgt Steve Knight on 01986 835300.