Witnesses needed regarding fatal crash
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.
Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
The 24-year-old driver Sam Morphey, of Yoxford, remains in a stable condition in Ipswich Hospital following the crash just after 7am near the Sotherton crossroads on the A145.
Police are keen to speak to two drivers who passed the scene just moments after the collision. Another driver who stopped at the scene has told police at least two other vehicles passed in the immediate aftermath.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Morphey, who was driving the blue Nissan Almera when it left the road, is the brother of Ben Morphey, currently serving a prison sentence after he caused a road crash in which five people were killed.
Ben Morphey, of High Street, Yoxford, was sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court in June last year to eight-and-a-half years' imprisonment, but in November three Appeal Court judges cut this to six-and-a-half years. He admitted five charges of causing death by careless driving while unfit due to drink.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 8 Stars of Norfolk and Waveney 2021: A look back at last year's winner
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Anyone with information about Wednesday's collision should contact PC Jon Doran or Sgt Steve Knight on 01986 835300.