Witnesses needed regarding fatal crash
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
POLICE renewed their appeal for witnesses to a fatal collision on Wednesday last week when two Suffolk men died.
Samuel Fordham, 28, of Saxmundham, and Darren Welton, 20, of Kelsale, died when the car they were in left the road near Henham, near Beccles, and hit a tree.
The 24-year-old driver Sam Morphey, of Yoxford, remains in a stable condition in Ipswich Hospital following the crash just after 7am near the Sotherton crossroads on the A145.
Police are keen to speak to two drivers who passed the scene just moments after the collision. Another driver who stopped at the scene has told police at least two other vehicles passed in the immediate aftermath.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Morphey, who was driving the blue Nissan Almera when it left the road, is the brother of Ben Morphey, currently serving a prison sentence after he caused a road crash in which five people were killed.
Ben Morphey, of High Street, Yoxford, was sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court in June last year to eight-and-a-half years' imprisonment, but in November three Appeal Court judges cut this to six-and-a-half years. He admitted five charges of causing death by careless driving while unfit due to drink.
- 1 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 Improving town's connectivity could 'attract more residents and visitors'
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
- 9 Schools in ‘very difficult position’ over pupil classroom face mask changes
- 10 Teenager given big break with weekly show on coastal radio station
Anyone with information about Wednesday's collision should contact PC Jon Doran or Sgt Steve Knight on 01986 835300.