Young performers honoured at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles youth musical theatre group honoured the continued hard work and dedication of its young members at a recent award ceremony.
Waveney Light Opera Group’s (WLOG) Rising Stars hosted its annual awards ceremony earlier this month with winners taking home shields as a token of appreciation from the company.
Rachel Lambert was named Most Improved Member Under 13 while Samantha Penman took home the shield from Most Improved Member 13 and Over.
The Miller Redpath Memorial Shield was presented for the Most Memorable Moment and was awarded to the cast members who took part in the ‘Waka Waka’ Dance from the ‘All Over The World’ production in July 2017.
And the Personal Contribution Award went to Alice Crushing.
You may also want to watch:
Group secretary Sarah Carlill said: “Long Service Awards were presented to the seven members who have performed in 10 or more Rising Stars productions.
“Between them, they have clocked up a massive 78 shows and we have had the pleasure of watching them grow from being small children to wonderful and talented young adults that we are super proud of.”
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 3 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 4 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 9 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 10 Emergency water main works completed on A47