Young performers honoured at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles youth musical theatre group honoured the continued hard work and dedication of its young members at a recent award ceremony.
Waveney Light Opera Group’s (WLOG) Rising Stars hosted its annual awards ceremony earlier this month with winners taking home shields as a token of appreciation from the company.
Rachel Lambert was named Most Improved Member Under 13 while Samantha Penman took home the shield from Most Improved Member 13 and Over.
The Miller Redpath Memorial Shield was presented for the Most Memorable Moment and was awarded to the cast members who took part in the ‘Waka Waka’ Dance from the ‘All Over The World’ production in July 2017.
And the Personal Contribution Award went to Alice Crushing.
You may also want to watch:
Group secretary Sarah Carlill said: “Long Service Awards were presented to the seven members who have performed in 10 or more Rising Stars productions.
“Between them, they have clocked up a massive 78 shows and we have had the pleasure of watching them grow from being small children to wonderful and talented young adults that we are super proud of.”
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight