Young performers honoured at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles youth musical theatre group honoured the continued hard work and dedication of its young members at a recent award ceremony.
Waveney Light Opera Group’s (WLOG) Rising Stars hosted its annual awards ceremony earlier this month with winners taking home shields as a token of appreciation from the company.
Rachel Lambert was named Most Improved Member Under 13 while Samantha Penman took home the shield from Most Improved Member 13 and Over.
The Miller Redpath Memorial Shield was presented for the Most Memorable Moment and was awarded to the cast members who took part in the ‘Waka Waka’ Dance from the ‘All Over The World’ production in July 2017.
And the Personal Contribution Award went to Alice Crushing.
You may also want to watch:
Group secretary Sarah Carlill said: “Long Service Awards were presented to the seven members who have performed in 10 or more Rising Stars productions.
“Between them, they have clocked up a massive 78 shows and we have had the pleasure of watching them grow from being small children to wonderful and talented young adults that we are super proud of.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed