Young performers honoured at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
A Beccles youth musical theatre group honoured the continued hard work and dedication of its young members at a recent award ceremony.
Waveney Light Opera Group’s (WLOG) Rising Stars hosted its annual awards ceremony earlier this month with winners taking home shields as a token of appreciation from the company.
Rachel Lambert was named Most Improved Member Under 13 while Samantha Penman took home the shield from Most Improved Member 13 and Over.
The Miller Redpath Memorial Shield was presented for the Most Memorable Moment and was awarded to the cast members who took part in the ‘Waka Waka’ Dance from the ‘All Over The World’ production in July 2017.
And the Personal Contribution Award went to Alice Crushing.
You may also want to watch:
Group secretary Sarah Carlill said: “Long Service Awards were presented to the seven members who have performed in 10 or more Rising Stars productions.
“Between them, they have clocked up a massive 78 shows and we have had the pleasure of watching them grow from being small children to wonderful and talented young adults that we are super proud of.”
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 3 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 7 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143