Woman crowned as Worlingham slimming group’s “Greatest Loser”
- Credit: Worlingham Slimming World group
While most people would be offended to be called a loser, one woman from Beccles is over the moon to have been named the town’s “Greatest Loser” of 2017.
That’s because Jane Sullivan has lost a life changing nine stone to take the title, which is awarded to the member of the Worlingham Slimming World group who has lost the most weight, and feels fabulous as a result.
Jane who has gone from dress size 26 to 12, said: “There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being a loser when it feels this good.
“I feel like a new woman since losing weight – in fact, I look so different that people who I haven’t seen for a while often can’t believe I’m the same person.
“For me though it’s the change on the inside that’s been the greatest. I’m happier, healthier and much more confident now.”
You may also want to watch:
The 56-year-old joined the Worlingham group, which is run by Liz Sunderland back in June 2015.
She said: “Before I lost the weight I hated having my photo taken and whenever I saw pictures of myself I knew that my smile wasn’t real. My weight impacted on so many aspects of my life, from struggling to find clothes that I like to fit to not being able to do simple everyday tasks without feeling tired and out of breath.”
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
Liz who runs the Worlingham Tuesday Slimming World group, said: “The changes we’ve seen in Jane are incredible.
“I hope her success will inspire other people in Beccles/Worlingham who would like to lose weight by forming new lifestyle habits and become happier and healthier to take action.
“There’s a warm welcome waiting at Slimming World and if you start today you could feel like a completely new person just like Jane.”
Each of Slimming World’s 16,000 groups in the UK and Ireland has their own Greatest Loser 2017 and winners will go forward to the national competition.
The Worlingham group meets every Tuesday at 5.30 & 7.30pm at Worlingham Primary School, Garden Lane. To join call Liz on 07979781480.
Do you have any Worlingham stories? Email email@example.com