Woodland scene scoops first prize in Beccles window competition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Their festive window displays have brightened up Beccles town centre in the lead up to Christmas.
And now The Children’s Society charity shop has been crowned best of them all.
The shop in Exchange Square has been transformed into a woodland scene, complete with snow-topped trees and magical fairies.
And shop manager Sheryll Sayer said she was delighted the charity shop had come top out of more than 50 businesses entering.
“I had the idea back in April,” she said. “I love Christmas, I absolutely love it and I wanted to do a woodland scene.
You may also want to watch:
“A good friend of mine makes fairies for Great Ormond Street hospital and she made 25 for us.
“And we’ve had endless comments from people saying how lovely and how spiritual it is as well. It has been really positive.
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 9 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
“It’s nice to be recognised - I never expected to win because when you look around the town there are some really lovely windows.”
The Children’s Society team were presented with a commemorative plate for their efforts, which is now hanging pride of place in the shop.
The contest was run alongside the town’s Christmas Tree Trail, with 58 businesses around Beccles displaying a tree in their shop window.
The trail continues until Christmas Eve, and all entries need to be returned to Beccles Library, Saxons, Roys or Beccles Books by 4pm.
All you need to do to enter is pick up a leaflet at Beccles Town Hall or any business with a tree.