Woodland scene scoops first prize in Beccles window competition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Their festive window displays have brightened up Beccles town centre in the lead up to Christmas.
And now The Children’s Society charity shop has been crowned best of them all.
The shop in Exchange Square has been transformed into a woodland scene, complete with snow-topped trees and magical fairies.
And shop manager Sheryll Sayer said she was delighted the charity shop had come top out of more than 50 businesses entering.
“I had the idea back in April,” she said. “I love Christmas, I absolutely love it and I wanted to do a woodland scene.
You may also want to watch:
“A good friend of mine makes fairies for Great Ormond Street hospital and she made 25 for us.
“And we’ve had endless comments from people saying how lovely and how spiritual it is as well. It has been really positive.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 3 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 4 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 5 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 6 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 7 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 8 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
“It’s nice to be recognised - I never expected to win because when you look around the town there are some really lovely windows.”
The Children’s Society team were presented with a commemorative plate for their efforts, which is now hanging pride of place in the shop.
The contest was run alongside the town’s Christmas Tree Trail, with 58 businesses around Beccles displaying a tree in their shop window.
The trail continues until Christmas Eve, and all entries need to be returned to Beccles Library, Saxons, Roys or Beccles Books by 4pm.
All you need to do to enter is pick up a leaflet at Beccles Town Hall or any business with a tree.