Worker suffered fatal head injury
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.
Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
Mr Henderson, 50, was from the Beccles area and was a long term employee of Askews Haulage.
Details of the accident remain unclear but it is thought it involved gas or oxygen canisters or cylinders and that the victim died while trying to transfer a substance between two canisters.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday police, together with the Health and Safety Executive, were investigating the incident to try to find out what happened.
Fire crews were called to the farm, off Raveningham Road, at about 11.23am on Saturday after reports of a gas pipe explosion. Three fire engines and an emergency tender arrived but it was soon confirmed that there had not been an explosion.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
After making sure the area was safe, fire crews left and Norfolk Police's major investigation team began its investigation.