Worker suffered fatal head injury
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.
Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
Mr Henderson, 50, was from the Beccles area and was a long term employee of Askews Haulage.
Details of the accident remain unclear but it is thought it involved gas or oxygen canisters or cylinders and that the victim died while trying to transfer a substance between two canisters.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday police, together with the Health and Safety Executive, were investigating the incident to try to find out what happened.
Fire crews were called to the farm, off Raveningham Road, at about 11.23am on Saturday after reports of a gas pipe explosion. Three fire engines and an emergency tender arrived but it was soon confirmed that there had not been an explosion.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 'Increased demand' but waits 'subsiding' at local heating oil company
- 9 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
- 10 Calls to volunteer for St Elizabeth Hospice
After making sure the area was safe, fire crews left and Norfolk Police's major investigation team began its investigation.