Worker suffered fatal head injury
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
A WORKER who died at a Norfolk farm at the weekend suffered a head injury, police have revealed.
Robert Henderson, known as Bob, died while working at Grove Farm, Stockton, near Beccles, on Saturday.
Mr Henderson, 50, was from the Beccles area and was a long term employee of Askews Haulage.
Details of the accident remain unclear but it is thought it involved gas or oxygen canisters or cylinders and that the victim died while trying to transfer a substance between two canisters.
Yesterday police, together with the Health and Safety Executive, were investigating the incident to try to find out what happened.
Fire crews were called to the farm, off Raveningham Road, at about 11.23am on Saturday after reports of a gas pipe explosion. Three fire engines and an emergency tender arrived but it was soon confirmed that there had not been an explosion.
- 1 F1 star jumps out of plane over Suffolk town
- 2 Museum ready for 21st century after 'transformation'
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 5 Chainsaws and drills stolen after rural farm buildings targeted
- 6 Wanted woman arrested in Lowestoft
- 7 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 10 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
After making sure the area was safe, fire crews left and Norfolk Police's major investigation team began its investigation.