Primary school transforms into art gallery for week of fun
- Credit: Archant
Pupils swapped textbooks for paintbrushes as a primary school reinvented itself as an art gallery for a week of creative fun.
Worlingham CEVC Primary School, in Garden Lane, was transformed into ‘Worlingham Modern’ last month.
Staff and pupils alike immersed themselves in a “wonderful week” celebrating the beautiful and varied patterns which appear in art throughout the ages.
A school spokesman said: “Each class under the direction of their teacher explored the work of a given artist and made work in the style of that person.
“The artists chosen were Andy Goldsworthy, Karla Gerard, Thaneeya McArdle, Damien Hirst, Yayoi Kusama, Anni Albers, Daniel Buren, Fred Tomaselli, Lalla Essaydi and Gustav Klimt.”
You may also want to watch:
They added: “The week was enjoyed by everyone and enabled both pupils and teachers to be involved in a unique experience, something we hope to visit again in the future.”
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 4 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 5 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
- 10 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney