Primary school transforms into art gallery for week of fun
- Credit: Archant
Pupils swapped textbooks for paintbrushes as a primary school reinvented itself as an art gallery for a week of creative fun.
Worlingham CEVC Primary School, in Garden Lane, was transformed into ‘Worlingham Modern’ last month.
Staff and pupils alike immersed themselves in a “wonderful week” celebrating the beautiful and varied patterns which appear in art throughout the ages.
A school spokesman said: “Each class under the direction of their teacher explored the work of a given artist and made work in the style of that person.
“The artists chosen were Andy Goldsworthy, Karla Gerard, Thaneeya McArdle, Damien Hirst, Yayoi Kusama, Anni Albers, Daniel Buren, Fred Tomaselli, Lalla Essaydi and Gustav Klimt.”
You may also want to watch:
They added: “The week was enjoyed by everyone and enabled both pupils and teachers to be involved in a unique experience, something we hope to visit again in the future.”
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home