Primary school transforms into art gallery for week of fun
- Credit: Archant
Pupils swapped textbooks for paintbrushes as a primary school reinvented itself as an art gallery for a week of creative fun.
Worlingham CEVC Primary School, in Garden Lane, was transformed into ‘Worlingham Modern’ last month.
Staff and pupils alike immersed themselves in a “wonderful week” celebrating the beautiful and varied patterns which appear in art throughout the ages.
A school spokesman said: “Each class under the direction of their teacher explored the work of a given artist and made work in the style of that person.
“The artists chosen were Andy Goldsworthy, Karla Gerard, Thaneeya McArdle, Damien Hirst, Yayoi Kusama, Anni Albers, Daniel Buren, Fred Tomaselli, Lalla Essaydi and Gustav Klimt.”
You may also want to watch:
They added: “The week was enjoyed by everyone and enabled both pupils and teachers to be involved in a unique experience, something we hope to visit again in the future.”
- 1 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 6 Will Suffolk see snow as wintry showers hit before the weekend?
- 7 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 8 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 9 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 10 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars