Worlingham Village Fete carries on community tradition
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a village fete have praised the event as a true display of the British spirit.
The ninth annual Worlingham Village Fete took place on Saturday, September 2.
Although the sky above was overcast hundreds of people were on hand to enjoy the traditional family fun on offer at All Saints Green
Steve Larkin, chairman of the fete committee, said: “The community always support us – rain or shine.”
“We started this fete to create a community spirit in the village after losing the pub and the community centre.”
You may also want to watch:
Displays by the Waggy Tails Dog Agility Team and the East Coast Liners proved popular with the crowd - as did the more traditional bouncy castle and raffle.
Mr Larkin added: “I want to say thank you to each member of the fete committee, the army cadets and all the volunteers.
- 1 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 2 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 3 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 ‘World class’ Suffolk engineering company gets royal seal of approval
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Staff shortages in Southwold as workers isolate after Latitude Festival
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
“I’m thrilled that they do what they do.”