Young Beccles footballers kick off season with new kit
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town FC’s under eights team have kicked off the new season with new kit and equipment.
UK Power Networks has given the club a much-needed £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money following an application from Trowse-based planning engineer Mike Pritchard, who is the assistant coach for the team.
Mr Pritchard, whose son Daniel plays for the team, said: “The number of kids in the U8s increased to about 24 boys this year. Originally the team was geared up for two teams of eight players playing five-a-side, but now we have a third team but not enough kit to go round.
“We’re really grateful for the grant from UK Power Networks to buy the kit and we’ve also bought some extra training equipment such as balls, bibs, cones, first aid kit, for each team.”
The Team Sport Award scheme is designed to encourage staff to volunteer in the community and is aimed at promoting healthy living, teamwork and development of sporting opportunities.
- 1 Hospitality businesses braced for change after face mask announcement
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Bungay baby bank to open in town and support the community
- 4 Prospect of repeating Christmas flooding trauma still 'worrying' 11 months on
- 5 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 6 Listed townhouse in former maltings building is for sale by auction
- 7 Christmas jumper swap launched in Beccles in fight against fast fashion
- 8 Lotto winners to sell knitted mini donkeys at Beccles Christmas lights
- 9 Local leaders gather as plans for Beccles cycle path in motion
- 10 Beccles woman wins national beauty pageant competition