Young Beccles footballers kick off season with new kit
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town FC’s under eights team have kicked off the new season with new kit and equipment.
UK Power Networks has given the club a much-needed £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money following an application from Trowse-based planning engineer Mike Pritchard, who is the assistant coach for the team.
Mr Pritchard, whose son Daniel plays for the team, said: “The number of kids in the U8s increased to about 24 boys this year. Originally the team was geared up for two teams of eight players playing five-a-side, but now we have a third team but not enough kit to go round.
“We’re really grateful for the grant from UK Power Networks to buy the kit and we’ve also bought some extra training equipment such as balls, bibs, cones, first aid kit, for each team.”
You may also want to watch:
The Team Sport Award scheme is designed to encourage staff to volunteer in the community and is aimed at promoting healthy living, teamwork and development of sporting opportunities.
- 1 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 2 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 3 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 4 Best kept gardens crowned as competition returns
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 7 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 8 Fire crews called to help baby seagull trapped in netting
- 9 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 10 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message