Young vs old in inaugural cribbage cup at Langley School in Loddon
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Langley School took on the self-proclaimed Loddon and Chedgrave Peggers in an inaugural cribbage contest.
Having spent the last few months learning and practicing the traditional English card game at an after-school club, students invited members of the local community to compete for the Langley School Community Cribbage Cup.
Langley teacher Siv Sears, who has been passionate about playing Cribbage since he was a child, said: “The group of year 7s and 8s got up to a reasonable standard and I wanted to get them a match.
“Unfortunately the kids were whitewashed 6-0 but they put up a valiant fight.
“We’re already discussing a rematch at one of the pubs in Loddon in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Having had their first taste of cribbage matchplay and tested out their skills, Langley School are on the hunt for more opponents who are interested in taking them on.
- 1 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'