Young vs old in inaugural cribbage cup at Langley School in Loddon
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Langley School took on the self-proclaimed Loddon and Chedgrave Peggers in an inaugural cribbage contest.
Having spent the last few months learning and practicing the traditional English card game at an after-school club, students invited members of the local community to compete for the Langley School Community Cribbage Cup.
Langley teacher Siv Sears, who has been passionate about playing Cribbage since he was a child, said: “The group of year 7s and 8s got up to a reasonable standard and I wanted to get them a match.
“Unfortunately the kids were whitewashed 6-0 but they put up a valiant fight.
“We’re already discussing a rematch at one of the pubs in Loddon in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Having had their first taste of cribbage matchplay and tested out their skills, Langley School are on the hunt for more opponents who are interested in taking them on.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 3 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Restaurant hosting drinkers at Covid peak may have ‘risked public’s health’
- 6 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 7 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 8 Roof collapses at derelict chicken shed after fire
- 9 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 10 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside