Young vs old in inaugural cribbage cup at Langley School in Loddon
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from Langley School took on the self-proclaimed Loddon and Chedgrave Peggers in an inaugural cribbage contest.
Having spent the last few months learning and practicing the traditional English card game at an after-school club, students invited members of the local community to compete for the Langley School Community Cribbage Cup.
Langley teacher Siv Sears, who has been passionate about playing Cribbage since he was a child, said: “The group of year 7s and 8s got up to a reasonable standard and I wanted to get them a match.
“Unfortunately the kids were whitewashed 6-0 but they put up a valiant fight.
“We’re already discussing a rematch at one of the pubs in Loddon in the near future.”
You may also want to watch:
Having had their first taste of cribbage matchplay and tested out their skills, Langley School are on the hunt for more opponents who are interested in taking them on.
- 1 Man admits possessing hundreds of indecent images of children
- 2 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 3 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 4 Thieves steal all-terrain vehicle from coastal property
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 7 Charity baker set for long-awaited return this weekend
- 8 Parishes planning Italian pop-up night in aid of village hall
- 9 Man makes comments to 18-year-old before kissing her hand in Bungay
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home