Youngsters cook up a storm at healthy eating summer sessions
- Credit: Archant
A series of cookery sessions inspiring healthy eating among Beccles youngsters has proved popular this summer.
The events designed for those aged between eight and 18, were held at The Venue, at Sir John Leman High School, in Ringsfield Road.
Due to support from the East Suffolk Youth Priority Action Group and Roys of Beccles, three hour sessions cost just £5.
Organisers say this allowed those from lower income households to benefit from the experience and education provided.
The sessions were organised by Liz Hadridge, who says she is “extremely pleased” with how they went. She drew particular attention to the participants willingness to taste new and exiting dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Popular meals included healthy versions of moussaka and base-less pizza, all of which the participants were able to take home for their families.
The Venue has also announced the return of popular British sign language beginners course in September. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles