Youngsters cook up a storm at healthy eating summer sessions
- Credit: Archant
A series of cookery sessions inspiring healthy eating among Beccles youngsters has proved popular this summer.
The events designed for those aged between eight and 18, were held at The Venue, at Sir John Leman High School, in Ringsfield Road.
Due to support from the East Suffolk Youth Priority Action Group and Roys of Beccles, three hour sessions cost just £5.
Organisers say this allowed those from lower income households to benefit from the experience and education provided.
The sessions were organised by Liz Hadridge, who says she is “extremely pleased” with how they went. She drew particular attention to the participants willingness to taste new and exiting dishes.
You may also want to watch:
Popular meals included healthy versions of moussaka and base-less pizza, all of which the participants were able to take home for their families.
The Venue has also announced the return of popular British sign language beginners course in September. For more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Wanted Beccles man arrested in London
- 2 Family of cardiac arrest victim donates defibrillator in mother's memory
- 3 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 4 Is this one of the best jobs in Norfolk and Suffolk?
- 5 Bell Tower reopens offering panoramic views of Waveney Valley
- 6 Disappointment as Norfolk vs Suffolk dwile flonking tournament postponed
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Vaccine centres offering walk-in jabs across East Suffolk this week
- 9 Tributes paid to snowdrop expert 'with a twinkle in his eye'
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price