Wymondham Town 4, Bungay Town 3

A goal deep in added time brought Wymondham an improbable victory on Saturday after Bungay had turned in one of their best first halves of the season to lead 3-1 at the interval.

But it all went wrong in the second half as they were reduced to 10 men, failed to take more chances and let the hosts back into the game.

Keeper Brandon Ling was culpable for two of the goals but he will learn from the experience, while James Wightman will learn to control his frustration at poor decisions going against him.

It was Wymondham who went ahead in the 10th minute after an opening period of even play as Lloyd Woods fired in a speculative long range shot which Ling allowed to skid under him into the net.

But the Black Dogs were level four minutes later as the ball was played into Alex Shreeve after a good move down the left and he deceived his marker before firing low into the net from 15 yards.

Six minutes later Bungay were ahead as Shreeve worried the keeper into a mistake on the byline outside his area and the ball came loose for Liam Williams to fire home from the narrowest of angles from outside the area.

Bungay were now well on top and Tom Leuenberger drove in a fine shot from which the keeper made a flying save.

Shreeve got in a shot on the turn the keeper took comfortably, but the Black Dogs made it 3-1 in the 28th minute as Liam Williams crossed low into the box, Shreeve had a shot blocked and Kael Brown was on hand to score at the second attempt.

Bungay started the second half as they ended the first and within 60 seconds Leuenberger blazed a volley over the bar from a good position.

Two more efforts were blocked as Wymondham were penned in and Connor Doddington fired in a shot which struck a post with the keepr beaten.

Soon after Jackson Williams fired in a free-kick the keeper took at the second attempt.

Sam Allen then saw a shot deflected for a corner and from the corner another shot was blocked by the desperate home defence.

Midway through the half Bungay were still in the ascendancy and Doddington put substitute Callum Rudkin clear but his shot beat the keeper only to go narrowly wide.

Shreeve had another half chance but his touch on Rudkin’s cross was too slight, and the home keeper made yet another save to prevent a fourth Bungay goal.

But all the good work began to crumble in the 70th minute as Wightman  was caught in possession – his only mistake in an impressive game, and Mark McKerney was put clear to beat the advancing Ling.

Wightman, who was harshly booked in the first half, was then sent off for dissent.

Bungay survived an indirect free-kick inside the penalty area before Brown and substitute River Crowson combined to set up the latter, but the keeper was equal to his effort.

With three minutes left Josh Farrow sent in a cross-cum-shot which Ling somehow manged to fumble and the ball dropped into the net for an equaliser.

And four minutes into added time Wymondham grabbed an unlikely three points with a fine low volley from Woods from 12 yards.

Team: B Ling, T Daniels, J Wightman, J Williams, A Bray, K Brown, S Allen (C Doddington), T Leuenberger, C Doddington (D McDonald), L Williams (C Rudkin), A Shreeve.

On Saturday, Bungay entertain Sprowston Athletic (2.30pm).