Air cadets flying high
BECCLES Air Cadets won another area competition at the recent Norfolk and Suffolk Wing six-a-side football tournament.Eight male and two female cadets travelled to Pinebanks in Norwich where they played a total of 11 matches against other squadrons in the Wing.
BECCLES Air Cadets won another area competition at the recent Norfolk and Suffolk Wing six-a-side football tournament.
Eight male and two female cadets travelled to Pinebanks in Norwich where they played a total of 11 matches against other squadrons in the Wing.
The team worked well together and flew into the final, winning every match and letting in only one goal.
In the final Beccles faced Stalham, and finished with an easy win at 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
The squadron last won the trophy in consecutive years from 1994 to 1997.
Flt Sgt Matthew Miller led the team and commented on the day: “I am really proud of our achievement. I do not think we had the best football players in the Wing but we gelled really well as a team and had a really strong defence. It is so nice to win the trophy again after so many years.”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 4 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
If you would like to be part of this winning team, Beccles Squadron is actively seeking new recruits.
They accept young men and women between the ages of 13 and 17. They meet on Friday evenings from 7.30pm at the Drill Hall, Peddars Lane, Beccles, and can be contacted on 01502 714000 or on firstname.lastname@example.org