Air cadets flying high
BECCLES Air Cadets won another area competition at the recent Norfolk and Suffolk Wing six-a-side football tournament.Eight male and two female cadets travelled to Pinebanks in Norwich where they played a total of 11 matches against other squadrons in the Wing.
BECCLES Air Cadets won another area competition at the recent Norfolk and Suffolk Wing six-a-side football tournament.
Eight male and two female cadets travelled to Pinebanks in Norwich where they played a total of 11 matches against other squadrons in the Wing.
The team worked well together and flew into the final, winning every match and letting in only one goal.
In the final Beccles faced Stalham, and finished with an easy win at 3-0.
The squadron last won the trophy in consecutive years from 1994 to 1997.
Flt Sgt Matthew Miller led the team and commented on the day: “I am really proud of our achievement. I do not think we had the best football players in the Wing but we gelled really well as a team and had a really strong defence. It is so nice to win the trophy again after so many years.”
- 1 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 4 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 5 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 6 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 7 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 8 Theatre group set for tour of outdoor venues with latest performances
- 9 Organisers hail success as 'great' hospital fete makes welcome return
- 10 Suffolk records sunniest June in nearly 50 years
If you would like to be part of this winning team, Beccles Squadron is actively seeking new recruits.
They accept young men and women between the ages of 13 and 17. They meet on Friday evenings from 7.30pm at the Drill Hall, Peddars Lane, Beccles, and can be contacted on 01502 714000 or on firstname.lastname@example.org