Albert Pye youngsters are star performers
- Credit: Archant
Throughout the current school year the Lowestoft and Beccles Primary Schools’ Sports Partnership has organised some 50 sporting tournaments for pupils aged 7-11.
Activities have included rugby, hockey, netball, tennis, gymnastics, cricket, rounders, unihoc, matball, basketball, football, swimming and athletics.
Every Primary School in Lowestoft, Beccles, Southwold and Reydon (34 schools in total) are Schools’ Sport Partnership members and all have participated in the tournaments, which over the course of the year have involved some 3,000 pupils.
Points were awarded to each school according to the number of tournaments they entered and their success in those tournaments.
At the end of the 2014-15 academic year the overall most successful sporting primary schools are: 1 Albert Pye Primary School, 2 Woods Loke Primary School, 3 Saint Felix School, 4 Roman Hill Primary School and 5 Blundeston Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
2015 has been quite a year on the sports field for children at Albert Pye.
They have won the Lowestoft and Beccles Sports Partnership Overall Sports Cup for their results during the year. During the year, Year 2 won the skittleball competition at Worlingham and were runners-up in a football competition at St Felix. Year 3 won the SJLHS Matball Cup and Kwik Cricket Cup.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 5 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 English teacher's reading app disrupts market
- 8 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
The year 4 won the SJLHS Athletics Cup. The year 5/6 Tag Rugby team won the Beccles Rugby Club competition.
The Year 3 and 4 gym team won the Lowestoft and Beccles gym competition.
The year 5 & 6 teams competing in the Lowestoft and Beccles competitions had a brilliant year, finishing winners in the rounders, girls Kwik Cricket, Quad Kids athletics and swimming.
They were also runners-up in the netball and tag rugby.
With those results the school qualified for seven county finals, finishing joint sixth in the rugby, sixth in the girls cricket, joint third in the netball, joint third in the rounders and 17th in the Quad Kids Athletics.
That left the gym and swimming to complete the successful year.
The gym team were third in Suffolk, an excellent result for the young team.
The swim team went better still and won the county swimming final. A super result with the whole team giving their best and winning the event on the relays.
PE Leader Andy Adcock said: “It’s been a brilliant year for sport at the Albert Pye. Not just with results, but also the number attending clubs has been at an all-time high.
“The children and staff have given a lot of time to get these results. We are delighted. Thank you and well done to everyone involved.”