Aldeby triple triumphs
A triple from Aldeby BC won Bradwell Bowls Club's first open tournament of 2009, played recently in fine weather. The maximum entry was 28 triples and all these bowlers plus a record number of supporters and spectators enjoyed fine hospitality and efficient organisation.
A triple from Aldeby BC won Bradwell Bowls Club's first open tournament of 2009, played recently in fine weather.
The maximum entry of 28 triples, plus a record number of supporters and spectators, enjoyed fine hospitality and efficient organisation.
Andy Cameron assisted by Tom Hall directed play. The results were exceptionally close as the top two blocks both earned 35 points, the order determined by shots difference.
The third, fourth and fifth triples all scored 31 points, and shots difference was again the deciding factor. The top cash prizewinners were from Aldeby BC - J Rochard, D Kerry and R Searll.
You may also want to watch:
From Bradwell, George Barnes, Stan Hopwood and T McNulty came second. The August 16 Open Tournament is fully subscribed but supporters and spectators are welcome.
Pictured are the the Aldeby players with Eddie Macdonald, chairman of Bradwell BC, Andy Cameron, organiser of Bradwell's tournaments and the winners of the second prize.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk