Aldeby triple triumphs
A triple from Aldeby BC won Bradwell Bowls Club's first open tournament of 2009, played recently in fine weather. The maximum entry was 28 triples and all these bowlers plus a record number of supporters and spectators enjoyed fine hospitality and efficient organisation.
A triple from Aldeby BC won Bradwell Bowls Club's first open tournament of 2009, played recently in fine weather.
The maximum entry of 28 triples, plus a record number of supporters and spectators, enjoyed fine hospitality and efficient organisation.
Andy Cameron assisted by Tom Hall directed play. The results were exceptionally close as the top two blocks both earned 35 points, the order determined by shots difference.
The third, fourth and fifth triples all scored 31 points, and shots difference was again the deciding factor. The top cash prizewinners were from Aldeby BC - J Rochard, D Kerry and R Searll.
You may also want to watch:
From Bradwell, George Barnes, Stan Hopwood and T McNulty came second. The August 16 Open Tournament is fully subscribed but supporters and spectators are welcome.
Pictured are the the Aldeby players with Eddie Macdonald, chairman of Bradwell BC, Andy Cameron, organiser of Bradwell's tournaments and the winners of the second prize.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published