Aldous speeds to league title
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous has won the Lotus Cars Cycle Race League.The league consisted of ten bunched cycle races open to elite/1/2/3/4 riders, held on the Lotus test track at Hethel near Norwich on Wednesday evenings from May until late July.
BUNGAY cyclist Shaun Aldous has won the Lotus Cars Cycle Race League.
The league consisted of ten bunched cycle races open to elite/1/2/3/4 riders, held on the Lotus test track at Hethel near Norwich on Wednesday evenings from May until late July.
It was thanks to managers at Clays book printers in Bungay that Shaun was even able to compete in enough events as he was allowed to swop shifts and use up an odd day's holiday to contest the league.
As it was, he still missed two events but consistent high placements were enough to give Shaun the title.
He was seven times in the top five and won two of the races, most races had 50 or more riders from Norfolk and Suffolk and the hour long races speeds averaging up to 27mph often ending in a mass dash for the finish line around 35mph.
Shaun now races for new Norwich-based team - Extreme Sports Therapy supported by Streetlife Cycles and Norwich City College, team-mates Ben Nicholson and Chris Guy tied for equal fifth in the league both winning a race apiece too.
- 1 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 2 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 7 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 8 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Suffolk ranked as the best place in England for camping holidays
Results: 1 Shaun Aldous (Extreme Sports Therapy) 73 points, 2 Dan Zagni (Ipswich BC) 57, 3 Phil Hetzel (Ipswich BC) 44, 4 Mike Auger (VC Norwich) 43, 5 Ben Nicholson and Chris Guy (Extreme Sports Therapy) 42, 7 Joe Skipper (BMC) 39, 8 Liam Gentry (VC Barrachi) 38.