All part of the learning curve for Beccles RFC youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club’s Under-13s enjoyed a fun development day at Stowmarket RFC who proved extremely well organised.
After making a good start to the match it was the hosts who scored some super team tries to finish the first half. The second half was a close encounter with both teams scoring tries, but it was the stronger opposition team that pulled away and won comfortably on the day.
“It was a good experience for our young team who are still learning the game to take away and build on.” said coach Alan Cooper.
This weekend the boys take on Bury RFC at home (11.30am).
Beccles’ first team suffered a fourth successive defeat in Eastern Counties One North when they went down 41-0 at Diss Saracens at the weekend. Ian Eaton was named man-of-the-match for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have a tough home fixture against leaders Fakenham, who have won all six of their matches so far, on Saturday. Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 3 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 4 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise