All part of the learning curve for Beccles RFC youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club’s Under-13s enjoyed a fun development day at Stowmarket RFC who proved extremely well organised.
After making a good start to the match it was the hosts who scored some super team tries to finish the first half. The second half was a close encounter with both teams scoring tries, but it was the stronger opposition team that pulled away and won comfortably on the day.
“It was a good experience for our young team who are still learning the game to take away and build on.” said coach Alan Cooper.
This weekend the boys take on Bury RFC at home (11.30am).
Beccles’ first team suffered a fourth successive defeat in Eastern Counties One North when they went down 41-0 at Diss Saracens at the weekend. Ian Eaton was named man-of-the-match for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have a tough home fixture against leaders Fakenham, who have won all six of their matches so far, on Saturday. Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 5 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 6 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 9 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'