All part of the learning curve for Beccles RFC youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club’s Under-13s enjoyed a fun development day at Stowmarket RFC who proved extremely well organised.
After making a good start to the match it was the hosts who scored some super team tries to finish the first half. The second half was a close encounter with both teams scoring tries, but it was the stronger opposition team that pulled away and won comfortably on the day.
“It was a good experience for our young team who are still learning the game to take away and build on.” said coach Alan Cooper.
This weekend the boys take on Bury RFC at home (11.30am).
Beccles’ first team suffered a fourth successive defeat in Eastern Counties One North when they went down 41-0 at Diss Saracens at the weekend. Ian Eaton was named man-of-the-match for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have a tough home fixture against leaders Fakenham, who have won all six of their matches so far, on Saturday. Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 3 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads