All part of the learning curve for Beccles RFC youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Rugby Club’s Under-13s enjoyed a fun development day at Stowmarket RFC who proved extremely well organised.
After making a good start to the match it was the hosts who scored some super team tries to finish the first half. The second half was a close encounter with both teams scoring tries, but it was the stronger opposition team that pulled away and won comfortably on the day.
“It was a good experience for our young team who are still learning the game to take away and build on.” said coach Alan Cooper.
This weekend the boys take on Bury RFC at home (11.30am).
Beccles’ first team suffered a fourth successive defeat in Eastern Counties One North when they went down 41-0 at Diss Saracens at the weekend. Ian Eaton was named man-of-the-match for the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles have a tough home fixture against leaders Fakenham, who have won all six of their matches so far, on Saturday. Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Deadly wartime bombing raids on churches remembered