Andy is aiming high
A TARGET pistol shooter from Beccles could be representing England in the Commonwealth Games next year.Andy Graver, who lives in Bluebell Way, has been selected for the Team England National Pistol Squad with just four other shooters.
A TARGET pistol shooter from Beccles could be representing England in the Commonwealth Games next year.
Andy Graver, who lives in Bluebell Way, has been selected for the Team England National Pistol Squad with just four other shooters. It is possible that all five will travel to India for the Commonwealth Games, however a lack of funding could mean that only three go along.
Either way, Andy feels that he has a very good chance of going as he is about third in the rankings.
“I'm pretty confident,” said Andy, 44. “It would be a dream come true, a fantastic experience.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy was picked to be in the Team England squad from the Team England Academy, where he shoots with his son Eddie, 15.
In the full squad Andy has been training evenings and weekends, including various weeks and weekends away abroad in places such as Zurich and Hanover as the pistols Andy will use are not allowed in this country.
- 1 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 2 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 5 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 6 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 7 Fire crews called out to bin fire at Bungay public toilets
- 8 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
Both Andy and Eddie flew out to The Hague this week to shoot for England at this year's Intershoot.
Andy would like to thank his family for their support, local businesses who have provided sponsorship, and his employers The Castle Mall in Norwich who have provided financial and moral support.
Andy and Eddie would welcome any sponsorship local companies would be willing to offer.