Ang Com sides all set for big kick-off
Anglian Combination sides are all set for the big kick-off on Tuesday night.In the Premier Division, Beccles Town travel to Acle United, hoping for a winning beginning, while Loddon host Norwich St Johns.
Anglian Combination sides are all set for the big kick-off on Tuesday night.
In the Premier Division, Beccles Town travel to Acle United, hoping for a winning beginning, while Loddon host Norwich St Johns.
Bungay Town open their Division One campaign with a derby at Poringland.
In Division Two, Beccles Caxton start with a home game against Thorpe Village. Beccles Reserves will start their Division Three season on Wednesday by hosting Wymondham Town Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
And Bungay Reserves start their Division Four programme on Wednesday evening with a home game against St Andrews Reserves (7.30pm).
On Wednesday, August 25, they visit Waveney, and on Saturday, August 28 they are away at Spixworth Reserves (4pm).
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
Bungay's first team's first home game will be the following Tuesday, August 24, against Horsford (7.30pm), followed by a home game against Wells Town on Saturday, August 28.
Pre-season activity has gone well for Bungay under new manager Kevin Gook. Some new faces have been added and many of last season's squad have re-signed, and they have performed well in some tough pre-season friendlies.
The team lost 2-0 to Ridgeon's Premier League outfit Walsham-le-Willows, drew 1-1 with Anglian Combination Premier Division Loddon United, lost 4-1 to Acle - also from the Anglian Combination Premier Division - and beat Wenhaston, of the Ipswich and Suffolk League, 2-1.
Tuesday's opener at Poringland should give some indication of how well they have prepared.
In the Anglian Combination Senior Knock-Out Cup, the Black Dogs have been drawn at home to Premier Division Mattishall, a tie which will be played on Tuesday, September 7 (7.30pm).