Anglian Combination action
Mattishall added Mummery Cup success to their recent progress in the Norfolk Senior Cup with a 2-1 third-round win at Hempnall.A Jason Cole brace saw them through as Kelvin Willimott found the net for Hempnall in an all-Premier Division tie.
Mattishall added Mummery Cup success to their recent progress in the Norfolk Senior Cup with a 2-1 third-round win at Hempnall.
A Jason Cole brace saw them through as Kelvin Willimott found the net for Hempnall in an all-Premier Division tie.
Horsford of the first division won an eight-goal thriller against top-section visitors Watton.
Darren Nichols scored a hat-trick among Horsford's five, Scott McKinney adding two, while Watton's marksmen were Damion Rudling with a brace and Mark Allibone.
You may also want to watch:
Two other ties were postponed, Blofield v Cromer and Wroxham Reserves v Beccles Town.
In the Premier Division, North Walsham opened up a three-point lead over Cromer at the top with a 2-1 win at Brandon, who are now third, five points off top spot. Cromer have a game in hand.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
- 10 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
The Angels' marksmen were Matthew Lown and Dale Wilton while Shane Leach repled for Brandon.
Sheringham edged their home clash with St Andrews 4-3, Matthew Jordon, Kristian Gleave, Simin Robinson and Jamie Nelson finding the net, with the Saints' Matthew Pilgrim, Danny Pennell and Alex Taylor replying.
Loddon had a 2-0 home win over Dersingham, James Marjoribanks and Steven Wise their scorers. Spixworth's home match with Acle was postponed.
In Division One, new leaders Norwich St Johns had a 5-4 home win over Long Stratton, who are in fourth place, now eight points behind with a game in hand.
Graham Carr and Matthew Racher claimed a brace apiece, Aaron Kay also on target for St Johns, James Barnes (2), Shaun Moss and Adam Solley replying for St Andrews.
Wells, now fifth from bottom, won 4-3 at Poringland Wanderers, who slip to second top, two points adrift of St Johns. Daniel Peczkowski scored a hat-trick for the Seasiders, Craig East netting one, while Wanderers' target men were Jonathan Causton, Chris Sinderby and a visiting player who put through his own goal.
Hindringham had a 3-2 win at struggling Sole Bay, Darren Westcott scoring twice, Tony Walker also on target. For Sole Bay, Daniel Andrews and Ben Higgins scored.
Wymondham had a 4-0 win over visitors Scole, James McCloy 92), Gavin Etheridge and Joseph Pattison on target.