Annette profit for Beccles
Pelicans III 0, Beccles 8FOUR goals from Annette Freeman, two from Laura Ashworth and one each from Max Gibbs and Lucy Paul, sealed this hockey match between two teams at opposite ends of the table.
Pelicans III 0, Beccles 8
FOUR goals from Annette Freeman, two from Laura Ashworth and one each from Max Gibbs and Lucy Paul, sealed this hockey match between two teams at opposite ends of the table.
This win keeps Beccles' chances of promotion alive with only two more league games to play. Beccles' experience was the key factor with this win, as Pelicans struggled to cope with players such as Ali Foreman, Jodie Smith and Annette Freeman running at pace at them.
Pelicans defended in numbers with the goals mainly coming from rebounds from the keeper or a defender. Five goals were scored in the first half. Pelicans nearly got on the score sheet, but Lorraine Greenwood in goal pulled off a superb save, deflecting the ball onto the goalpost and off the pitch. Pelicans still fought bravely throughout the second half and had opportunities where they came close to scoring. Pelicans were awarded a penalty flick during this half, however they were unable to convert, sending the ball straight at the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles then added three more goals to their tally, two from open play, and the final score was 8-0. Beccles have two tough games remaining before the end of the season, the first at home to Harleston Magpies, 10.30am start.
- 1 Opening date revealed for community pub with 1,400 shareholders
- 2 School year group and bus passengers told to isolate after Covid case
- 3 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?
- 4 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 5 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 6 Spate of catalytic converter thefts from vehicles sparks warning
- 7 Tariff for housebuilders to protect East Suffolk habitats
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Man admits inflicting grievous bodily harm during altercation in Bungay
- 10 East Suffolk Council selects 2021 chairman