Annette profit for Beccles
Pelicans III 0, Beccles 8FOUR goals from Annette Freeman, two from Laura Ashworth and one each from Max Gibbs and Lucy Paul, sealed this hockey match between two teams at opposite ends of the table.
Pelicans III 0, Beccles 8
FOUR goals from Annette Freeman, two from Laura Ashworth and one each from Max Gibbs and Lucy Paul, sealed this hockey match between two teams at opposite ends of the table.
This win keeps Beccles' chances of promotion alive with only two more league games to play. Beccles' experience was the key factor with this win, as Pelicans struggled to cope with players such as Ali Foreman, Jodie Smith and Annette Freeman running at pace at them.
Pelicans defended in numbers with the goals mainly coming from rebounds from the keeper or a defender. Five goals were scored in the first half. Pelicans nearly got on the score sheet, but Lorraine Greenwood in goal pulled off a superb save, deflecting the ball onto the goalpost and off the pitch. Pelicans still fought bravely throughout the second half and had opportunities where they came close to scoring. Pelicans were awarded a penalty flick during this half, however they were unable to convert, sending the ball straight at the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles then added three more goals to their tally, two from open play, and the final score was 8-0. Beccles have two tough games remaining before the end of the season, the first at home to Harleston Magpies, 10.30am start.
- 1 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 2 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 3 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 6 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 7 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day