Ants march on at top
HALES ANTS stretched their lead at the top of the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Framingham Nutters. Although Phil Clarke won all his matches for Nutters, there were no further problems for Adrian Key, Phil Moore and Steve Griffee.
HALES ANTS stretched their lead at the top of the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Framingham Nutters.
Although Phil Clarke won all his matches for Nutters, there were no further problems for Adrian Key, Phil Moore and Steve Griffee.
Third-placed Nutters were involved in two further matches.
Firstly, they beat Hales Eagles 8-2. Once again, Phil Clarke won all his matches and Richard Herne and Joe Herne both won two matches.
You may also want to watch:
Joe was taken to a fifth-leg decider by Derek Clark.
Nutters then beat Barnby and North Cove New Boys in the preliminary round of the Knockout Cup, the outcome of which was only decided in the final match.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
Starting with a handicap deficit of 162, Nutters only lost five of the 36 legs played, to win by a margin of 48 points.
Barnby's Peter McMorran beat Joe Herne 3-1 on the way to his team's defeat.
Framingham Magpies moved up to fourth place with a 10-0 win over bottom side Barnby.
However, this was much closer than the scoreline suggests with five matches going to a fifth leg.
Peter McMorran and Lester Borrett both lost narrowly to Alf Stubbs and Alan Harper.
Trevor Cooke also had a five-leg defeat against Alan Harper and a four-leg defeat against Alf Stubbs. However Alf, Alan and Barry Fortune won all their matches.
Eagles had a 6-4 win over Framingham Gull in another fixture which was decided in the last match. Steve Webster won all his matches for Eagles.
David Constable, making his first appearance of the season, won two matches.
He was involved in two five-leg matches, beating Anthony Hewkin but losing to Mario Iacovazzo who won two matches for Gull.
The league is sponsored by Alan Cook Accommodations.