Ashby CC round off season with win in charity game
- Credit: Archant
Ashby’s final game of the season at the Meadow saw the Nomadic charity side Black Sheep visiting.
In near perfect conditions, the Sheep batted first, captained by local legend Joe Perry.
Runs were hard to come by on a slow wicket, but a typical robust innings of 42 by Eddie Webber and useful contributions by Yates (29) and Banham (26) gave the Sheep a total of 156.
Wicket takers were Joe Jackman, Dan Littlechild, Matt Smith, Paul Thurbon (two each) and Tim Tidswell, Steve Gibling and Paul Brown.
Ashby’s response was steady but wickets fell and at drinks it was 70 for seven. However, some determined batting by Paul Solomon (17), Paul Thurbon (35), Tim Tidswell (22), Andy Bunn (11) and Matt Smith (12) took the hosts over the line with three balls remaining, the score being 157-9.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of teas, raffle and barbecue, £400 was raised for the Black Sheep Children’s Charity.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 7 Frustration at delays to planned London-direct trains
- 8 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 9 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 10 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash