Ashby CC round off season with win in charity game
- Credit: Archant
Ashby’s final game of the season at the Meadow saw the Nomadic charity side Black Sheep visiting.
In near perfect conditions, the Sheep batted first, captained by local legend Joe Perry.
Runs were hard to come by on a slow wicket, but a typical robust innings of 42 by Eddie Webber and useful contributions by Yates (29) and Banham (26) gave the Sheep a total of 156.
Wicket takers were Joe Jackman, Dan Littlechild, Matt Smith, Paul Thurbon (two each) and Tim Tidswell, Steve Gibling and Paul Brown.
Ashby’s response was steady but wickets fell and at drinks it was 70 for seven. However, some determined batting by Paul Solomon (17), Paul Thurbon (35), Tim Tidswell (22), Andy Bunn (11) and Matt Smith (12) took the hosts over the line with three balls remaining, the score being 157-9.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of teas, raffle and barbecue, £400 was raised for the Black Sheep Children’s Charity.
- 1 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 2 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 3 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 7 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 8 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 9 How old should children be to play outside on their own?
- 10 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas