Ashby CC round off season with win in charity game
- Credit: Archant
Ashby’s final game of the season at the Meadow saw the Nomadic charity side Black Sheep visiting.
In near perfect conditions, the Sheep batted first, captained by local legend Joe Perry.
Runs were hard to come by on a slow wicket, but a typical robust innings of 42 by Eddie Webber and useful contributions by Yates (29) and Banham (26) gave the Sheep a total of 156.
Wicket takers were Joe Jackman, Dan Littlechild, Matt Smith, Paul Thurbon (two each) and Tim Tidswell, Steve Gibling and Paul Brown.
Ashby’s response was steady but wickets fell and at drinks it was 70 for seven. However, some determined batting by Paul Solomon (17), Paul Thurbon (35), Tim Tidswell (22), Andy Bunn (11) and Matt Smith (12) took the hosts over the line with three balls remaining, the score being 157-9.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of teas, raffle and barbecue, £400 was raised for the Black Sheep Children’s Charity.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more