Ashby CC round off season with win in charity game
- Credit: Archant
Ashby’s final game of the season at the Meadow saw the Nomadic charity side Black Sheep visiting.
In near perfect conditions, the Sheep batted first, captained by local legend Joe Perry.
Runs were hard to come by on a slow wicket, but a typical robust innings of 42 by Eddie Webber and useful contributions by Yates (29) and Banham (26) gave the Sheep a total of 156.
Wicket takers were Joe Jackman, Dan Littlechild, Matt Smith, Paul Thurbon (two each) and Tim Tidswell, Steve Gibling and Paul Brown.
Ashby’s response was steady but wickets fell and at drinks it was 70 for seven. However, some determined batting by Paul Solomon (17), Paul Thurbon (35), Tim Tidswell (22), Andy Bunn (11) and Matt Smith (12) took the hosts over the line with three balls remaining, the score being 157-9.
You may also want to watch:
With the help of teas, raffle and barbecue, £400 was raised for the Black Sheep Children’s Charity.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital