Ashby St Mary celebrate end of first cricket season
Ashby St Mary Cricket Club’s first full season of cricket came to a very wet end last Sunday, their only game to be cancelled this season.
It’s been an excellent success story, both on and off the pitch.
The midweek evening 20/20 games have been well supported. Played 16, won 14, lost two and one abandoned.
The Sundays too were very successful, with many notable performances. Played 16, won 10, lost 4, Drawn one, and one cancelled.
Work on the pitch starts at 9.30am on Saturday, all support welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
The general meeting is on Tuesday, October 19 at 8pm, dinner is Saturday, October 30 at 8pm, both at White Horse, Chedgrave.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles