Ashby St Mary celebrate end of first cricket season
Ashby St Mary Cricket Club’s first full season of cricket came to a very wet end last Sunday, their only game to be cancelled this season.
It’s been an excellent success story, both on and off the pitch.
The midweek evening 20/20 games have been well supported. Played 16, won 14, lost two and one abandoned.
The Sundays too were very successful, with many notable performances. Played 16, won 10, lost 4, Drawn one, and one cancelled.
Work on the pitch starts at 9.30am on Saturday, all support welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
The general meeting is on Tuesday, October 19 at 8pm, dinner is Saturday, October 30 at 8pm, both at White Horse, Chedgrave.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 3 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 4 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 5 Council vows to find answers to flooding issue
- 6 Christmas trees light up care farm’s day as it helps vulnerable through dark times
- 7 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 8 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 9 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital