Bad day for Beccles
Beccles put in a poor performance at Upminster, never recovering from conceding early tries as they finished a well-beaten side 30-7.Beccles travelled with a strong squad and started the game well, with an early break by Rowney being halted just short of the line.
Beccles put in a poor performance at Upminster, never recovering from conceding early tries as they finished a well-beaten side 30-7.
Beccles travelled with a strong squad and started the game well, with an early break by Rowney being halted just short of the line. They dominated territory but Upminster were defending well and scored three tries in the first half after mistakes by Beccles players.
Beccles continued to dominate territory in the second half but couldn't make the breakthrough. With 20 minutes to go they finally got on the scoresheet when a good backs move saw Wade cut though the defence to score under the posts. With Beccles sensing a comeback, he quickly added the conversion.
Beccles continued to press, with Musker McIntyre man of the match Paul Wilson carrying the ball well. But Upminster managed to break out of defence and add two penalties and as Beccles pushed for points. The hosts were able to add another try to make the final score 30-7.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles will be hoping to bounce back from this poor performance when they take on Saffron Walden in the second round of the EDF Cup.
- 1 Latitude line-up reveal delayed as bosses look to learn from Liverpool test
- 2 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 3 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 4 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 5 Police told family of father who died after restraint that he was sleeping
- 6 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 7 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 8 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus