Barsham find it tough going against high-flyers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Barsham played Oulton Broad at Denes High School and suffered an 8-0 defeat.
Yet again manager Nick Holmes had the headache of no regular keeper so outfield player Josh Young`s volunteered to go in goal.
At least he had the luxury of three substitute, Paul Clark, new signing Jamie Nicholson and Luke Ellis.
Barsham welcomed centre half Dan Johnstone back from injury where he partnered Cam Godbold with James Ruff and Jack Luckham as full backs. In midfield were Nick Wells, Matt King, Ali Lockley and Elliot Sculfor with Harry Frost and Aaron Godbold up front.
Barsham started well but were 3-0 down at the break and conceded five more after it.
You may also want to watch:
The young side have had a string of games against the stronger teams and must stick together and eventually the results will start to come. Barsham entertain First & Last at Beef Meadow on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles