Barsham find it tough going against high-flyers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Barsham played Oulton Broad at Denes High School and suffered an 8-0 defeat.
Yet again manager Nick Holmes had the headache of no regular keeper so outfield player Josh Young`s volunteered to go in goal.
At least he had the luxury of three substitute, Paul Clark, new signing Jamie Nicholson and Luke Ellis.
Barsham welcomed centre half Dan Johnstone back from injury where he partnered Cam Godbold with James Ruff and Jack Luckham as full backs. In midfield were Nick Wells, Matt King, Ali Lockley and Elliot Sculfor with Harry Frost and Aaron Godbold up front.
Barsham started well but were 3-0 down at the break and conceded five more after it.
You may also want to watch:
The young side have had a string of games against the stronger teams and must stick together and eventually the results will start to come. Barsham entertain First & Last at Beef Meadow on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help