Barsham find it tough going against high-flyers
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Barsham played Oulton Broad at Denes High School and suffered an 8-0 defeat.
Yet again manager Nick Holmes had the headache of no regular keeper so outfield player Josh Young`s volunteered to go in goal.
At least he had the luxury of three substitute, Paul Clark, new signing Jamie Nicholson and Luke Ellis.
Barsham welcomed centre half Dan Johnstone back from injury where he partnered Cam Godbold with James Ruff and Jack Luckham as full backs. In midfield were Nick Wells, Matt King, Ali Lockley and Elliot Sculfor with Harry Frost and Aaron Godbold up front.
Barsham started well but were 3-0 down at the break and conceded five more after it.
You may also want to watch:
The young side have had a string of games against the stronger teams and must stick together and eventually the results will start to come. Barsham entertain First & Last at Beef Meadow on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers