Beccles A reach bowls final
aBECCLES A reached the final of the Mixed County Bowls League with a 6-1 win over Felixstowe on Sunday.The six points gained mean that although the A-team have one more match to play they cannot be overtaken.
aBECCLES A reached the final of the Mixed County Bowls League with a 6-1 win over Felixstowe on Sunday.
The six points gained mean that although the A-team have one more match to play they cannot be overtaken. The match score was 126-50.
Rink scores (home): D Woodhouse, M Rayner, B Harber and S Cook 42, G Burgess 9. M Wright, L Clarke, R Denny and G Catchpole 46, D Beatton 7. Away: P Mulcairn, T Topple, J Knights and M Cole 13, P Ranson 22. M Moore, J Plant, G Catchpole and M Todd 25, R Garwood 12.
The B-team suffered only their second defeat in their last match going down by 74-95 to Ipswich A, collecting only half a point.
You may also want to watch:
Rink scores (home): D Gaze, J Hogwood, N Rutherford and C Moore 24, F Seal 24. R Winterton, R Clarke, P Clarke and N Plant 16, D Hughes 25. Away: G Marwood, R Ward, T Wright and B Capon 18, G Barrell 26. J Ramsbottom, D Thompson, A Ward and G Ramsbottom 16, M Page 20.
On Sunday, Beccles play their last game in the Men's County League against Ipswich. (10am at Beccles, 2pm at Ipswich), needing to win the game and score at least as many points as Sole Bay pick up in their last game to reach the final.
- 1 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 2 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 3 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 4 Latitude boss 'super confident' about 2021 events going ahead
- 5 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average
- 6 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 7 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 8 Concerns over lack of coronavirus vaccine centres in north Suffolk
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
On Thursday, March 11 Beccles Ladies play in the semi- final of the Yetton Plate against North Cave from Yorkshire.
The match is being played at Peterborough.