Beccles battle back to draw
BECCLES came back twice from behind through Ali Foreman in this thrilling match against Norwich City III in the Martin and Acock League to draw 2-2.This was a rearranged fixture, following the postponed back in January due to bad weather.
Beccles 2, Norwich City III 2
BECCLES came back twice from behind through Ali Foreman in this thrilling match in the Martin and Acock League.
City fielded a mixture of II, III and IV team players, but this combination did not distort their game as they still gelled well despite not playing regularly in the same team.
Norwich City started the stronger, and had gone 1-0 ahead before Beccles had a chance to get into the game. At a penalty corner, Beccles allowed the receiver room to see the goal, and she powered the ball home from just inside the D after just five minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles equalised through Foreman who received the ball just outside the D, skilfully manoeuvred her way through her opponents and scooped the ball into the goal.
Foreman continued her fine display of hockey, consistently breaking down attacks, intercepting the ball and creating chances for her team-mates.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
Beccles were put under pressure by this young side, especially two forwards who ran at pace at the defence. However, Beccles managed to stave them off and the score remained 1-1 at the break.
Norwich City came out strongly in the second half and went ahead again after just six minutes when the umpire played advantage.
Beccles desperately tried to level the score and there was plenty of end-to-end play, with both teams fighting hard for possession.
City had more of the play with their faster pace and accurate passing, but it was Beccles' sheer determination that won them the equaliser just two minutes from time. After consecutive penalty corners, they came through on the fourth attempt when Annette Freeman's shot was scooped in by Foreman. Before the final whistle Foreman shot wide.
This week Beccles have a friendly game at Taverham (4pm start).