Beccles bid to seal promotion
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beccles will be aiming to clinch promotion to Division One of the Norfolk Alliance tomorrow.
After winning comfortably last weekend to maintain their position in the top two, Beccles go into their final two games just two points behind leaders Topcroft - and 20 clear of third placed Hethersett & Tas Valley.
They travel to Flordon to take on Hethersett next knowing a win would guarantee promotion - while a defeat would put it very much in the balance going into their final fixture at home to Downham Town A on Saturday week.
Stuart Watkins took 4-27 and David Todd 3-16 as Beccles dismissed lowly Brooke A for just 91 last Saturday before romping to victory.
Richard Gilliatt scored a gritty 47 for Brooke while later in the afternoon Beccles opener George Milton made an unbeaten 46 to see the visitors home in the 20th over for the loss of three wickets.
You may also want to watch:
Topcroft remain top after an another early finish.
Greg Rostron’s 4-12 helped them dismiss Downham A for 107, with the runs needed being knocked off inside 23 overs for the loss of four wickets. Chris Hancock top scored with 30 while James Goodfellow was still there at the end on 25.
- 1 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 2 Family 'truly moved' as crowds remember building company founder
- 3 Six-year-old taken to hospital after lorry collision
- 4 Warning after 'three male youths' break into cars
- 5 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 6 Collapsed footbridges replaced on popular walking route after six-year battle
- 7 Appeal to trace missing man who was last seen in Norwich
- 8 Bridge to be closed overnight with traffic diverted
- 9 'A rare proposition': Construction continues on new development
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
Topcroft visit relegation threatened Bradenham tomorrow knowing that, with their rivals playing each other, a win would guarantee an immediate return to the Alliance’s second flight.
Hethersett are a further 20 points in arrears after winning a low scoring game at Swaffham by four wickets when chasing 117 (John Curtis 3-8, Robbie Matthews 3-23).
A ten-strong Beccles A side were well beaten by Sheringham in Division Four, finishing on 87-9 when chasing 203-8.
They are at home to leaders Garboldisham A tomorrow.