Beccles bid to seal promotion
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Beccles will be aiming to clinch promotion to Division One of the Norfolk Alliance tomorrow.
After winning comfortably last weekend to maintain their position in the top two, Beccles go into their final two games just two points behind leaders Topcroft - and 20 clear of third placed Hethersett & Tas Valley.
They travel to Flordon to take on Hethersett next knowing a win would guarantee promotion - while a defeat would put it very much in the balance going into their final fixture at home to Downham Town A on Saturday week.
Stuart Watkins took 4-27 and David Todd 3-16 as Beccles dismissed lowly Brooke A for just 91 last Saturday before romping to victory.
Richard Gilliatt scored a gritty 47 for Brooke while later in the afternoon Beccles opener George Milton made an unbeaten 46 to see the visitors home in the 20th over for the loss of three wickets.
Topcroft remain top after an another early finish.
Greg Rostron’s 4-12 helped them dismiss Downham A for 107, with the runs needed being knocked off inside 23 overs for the loss of four wickets. Chris Hancock top scored with 30 while James Goodfellow was still there at the end on 25.
- 1 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
- 2 Motorcyclist injured after crash in busy Suffolk road
- 3 Care home's failings continue after damning report reveals abuse fears
- 4 Challenging future for high streets amid fall in shoppers
- 5 Beccles mother publishes new children's book
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 7 Five-bedroom country house with 'secret garden' on sale for £1.25m
- 8 'Bus week' scheme to protect 'lifeline' route in town
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
Topcroft visit relegation threatened Bradenham tomorrow knowing that, with their rivals playing each other, a win would guarantee an immediate return to the Alliance’s second flight.
Hethersett are a further 20 points in arrears after winning a low scoring game at Swaffham by four wickets when chasing 117 (John Curtis 3-8, Robbie Matthews 3-23).
A ten-strong Beccles A side were well beaten by Sheringham in Division Four, finishing on 87-9 when chasing 203-8.
They are at home to leaders Garboldisham A tomorrow.