Beccles bowlers put up fight
BECCLES Bowls Club put up a very good performance against Gallow in the third round of the National Top Club Competition.They lost by three matches to two although the final result was in doubt until the last ends.
BECCLES Bowls Club put up a very good performance against Gallow in the third round of the National Top Club Competition.
They lost by three matches to two although the final result was in doubt until the last ends.
A good crowd gathered at Beccles on the Tuesday after Christmas to watch, and saw Kirsty Clarke narrowly lose the Ladies' Singles 15-18 to A Leverett.
In the Men's Singles Graham Catchpole recorded a great win over former World Singles Champion Mervyn King, winning by 13-12.
You may also want to watch:
The result of the Pairs was in doubt until the final bowl with Tracey Topple and Mark Todd losing to Susanne King and Jamie Chestney by 17-21.
It was a similar story in the Triples where Louise Catchpole, Mark Cole and Ian Catchpole lost 14-16 to M Emment, M Starkey and R Mason.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
In the Fours, the Beccles rink of Diana Gaze, Nora Rutherford, Ben Harber and David Wood ran away with the game to win by 29-13 against L Ward, J Wright, M Riches and P Shackcloth.