Beccles bowlers put up fight
BECCLES Bowls Club put up a very good performance against Gallow in the third round of the National Top Club Competition.They lost by three matches to two although the final result was in doubt until the last ends.
BECCLES Bowls Club put up a very good performance against Gallow in the third round of the National Top Club Competition.
They lost by three matches to two although the final result was in doubt until the last ends.
A good crowd gathered at Beccles on the Tuesday after Christmas to watch, and saw Kirsty Clarke narrowly lose the Ladies' Singles 15-18 to A Leverett.
In the Men's Singles Graham Catchpole recorded a great win over former World Singles Champion Mervyn King, winning by 13-12.
You may also want to watch:
The result of the Pairs was in doubt until the final bowl with Tracey Topple and Mark Todd losing to Susanne King and Jamie Chestney by 17-21.
It was a similar story in the Triples where Louise Catchpole, Mark Cole and Ian Catchpole lost 14-16 to M Emment, M Starkey and R Mason.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 5 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 7 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
- 8 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 9 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
In the Fours, the Beccles rink of Diana Gaze, Nora Rutherford, Ben Harber and David Wood ran away with the game to win by 29-13 against L Ward, J Wright, M Riches and P Shackcloth.