Beccles & Bungay Harriers in county action
- Credit: Archant
Seven members of Beccles and Bungay Harriers represented their counties in the Inter-Counties Cross-Country and British Championships held at Cofton Park, Birmingham with some of the best runners from more than 40 counties contesting for honours.
Norfolk was represented by Will Simm, Luke and Finn Spear and Lucy and Lynn Lynn Emmett. Running for Suffolk were Lauren and Cara Howe.
Will had an outstanding race to finish 22nd in 12:18 in his under 13 boys age group over a 3k course which represented a superb run.
Luke also had a strong race, finishing 43rd (20:46) in the under 17 boys over a 6k course.
Other results were: u13 boys - 250th Finn Spear (15:08), u15 girls 4.5k - 250th Lucy Emmett (22:52). 265th Cara Howe (23:11). u17 girls 5k - 141st Lauren Howe (24:17). senior women 8k - 178th Lynn Emmett (30:47).
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday the ESAA Schools National Cross-Country Championships were held at Witton Park, Lancashire.
In a course that took in the hill of ‘The Saucer’ and a course that saw some muddy terrain as well as flatter ground in the start and finish field, there was a day of testing races for each county’s top young athletes.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 7 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 10 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
Four junior Harriers made the long journey to Blackburn to represent their counties.
Norfolk schools were represented by Will Simm, Luke Spear and Lucy Emmett while Lauren Howe ran for Suffolk.
Luke Spear finished with a good 53rd (19:23) in the inter boys 5.5k. Lauren Howe was a creditable 127th (18:34) in the senior girls and Will Simm, who struggled to emulate his form of the previous week, was 161st (13:18) in the junior boys 3.6k and Lucy Emmett was 329th (14:06) in the junior girls over 3.2k.
Beccles and Bungay Harriers Athletics Club currently train regularly in Beccles (Common Lane) on a Tuesday and Thursday evening and new senior and junior members are welcome. From April Tuesday evening training will relocate back to the grass track at Bungay High School and continue on Thursday evening’s in Beccles.
In addition, the club are now running indoor junior (7-15years) Sportshall Sessions in the Bungay High School Sportshall on a Monday Evening from 6 -7pm. The cost of this is £1.50 per session.
n If you would like further information on any of these, please do not hesitate to contact the club chairperson Gary Howe on 01986 781227, mobile 07761 474313 or email email@example.com.