Beccles CC look to future
BECCLES Town Cricket Club held their annual awards dinner at the Waveney House Hotel. Congratulations to the following winners: Sunday player, Daniel Vihm; clubman, P Thorpe; Puxley Cup, R J Porter; Presidents Cup, R J Porter; second team, N Warnes; third team, Ben Patrick; U2, J Aldridge.
BECCLES Town Cricket Club held their annual awards dinner at the Waveney House Hotel.
Congratulations to the following winners: Sunday player, Daniel Vihm; clubman, P Thorpe; Puxley Cup, R J Porter; Presidents Cup, R J Porter; second team, N Warnes; third team, Ben Patrick; U2, J Aldridge.
Beccles CC held their annual meeting, which was well attended with all three senior sides well represented.
The meeting transpired to be a long and eventful one with many official posts being relinquished.
You may also want to watch:
The major changes included Liz Read stepping down as chairman, her replacement being Andrew Clarke, and David Turrell stepping down as 1st XI captain, being replaced by Alex Sydenham.
A special mention goes to Alan Squire who also stepped down as ground and equipment secretary, and the club would like thank him for his hard work over the last few years.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 5 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 6 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 7 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 8 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
The club would not have operated without him and any volunteers who assisted him.
However, most left feeling the club was embarking on a path which everyone will agree is necessary if it is to reverse its recent fortunes.
The full committee for next year will consist of chairman Andrew Clarke, vice-chairman Paul Thorpe, secretary Liz Read, treasurer David West, club captain Alex Sydenham, junior manager Tony Wright, club development officer Paul Thorpe, ground and equipment Tim Hoare and Terry Hunter, press officer James Sneddon.
Anyone interested in filling the following positions should contact a member of the committee - sponsorship secretary and subscription secretary.
Indoor nets will begin in the new year, so look out for details in this paper.