Beccles' fab four reach finals
Beccles bowls players Margaret Moore, Val Beardsley, Molly Rushmere and Gloria Smith have qualified for the National Finals of the Ladies Fours. They qualified by beating a rink from Norfolk Bowling Club at Acle.
Beccles bowls players Margaret Moore, Val Beardsley, Molly Rushmere and Gloria Smith have qualified for the National Finals of the Ladies' Fours.
They qualified by beating a rink from Norfolk Bowling Club at Acle. The finals are being held at Lawson Park in Bedford during March.
Beccles B lost to Mid Suffolk by 91 shots to 75 in the Mixed County League.
Although Beccles won on both the away rinks they could not cover the scores are Mid Suffolk. Beccles B secured two points to Mid Suffolk's five.
You may also want to watch:
Rink scores - Home: M Draper, P Clarke, C Cook and D Woodhouse 23, F Mitson 19. G Marwood, R Ward, T Wright and B Capon 16, T Griffin 15. Away: J Monk, D Pye, K Monk and N Plant 15, R Lillistone 25. N Rutherford, R Ward, D Francis and T Ridley 13, J Wright 32.
On Sunday in the Men's County League Beccles picked up maximum points against Sole Bay B, winning by 134 shots to 57.
- 1 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 2 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 3 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 Assurances over £3m Station Yard project in Southwold
- 6 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 Former prisoner of war nurse celebrated for her service
- 9 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
Rink scores - Home: G Catchpole, P Sterry, D Francis and S Cook 33, B Russell 16. R Adams, D Richmond, C Moore and J Knights 42, J Whyte 12. Away: T Gaze, S Greenslade, N Plant and D Wood 25, J Gooch 17. L Winterton, T Wright, A Clarke and M Todd 34, P Child 12.