Beccles FC hope rest will boost cup chances
Beccles Town, who did not have a league game at the weekend, will be in Suffolk Senior Cup first round action (2.15 kick-off) tomorrow. They visit Westerfield United, while Bungay host Coplestonians.
Four teams have 16 points at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division after Acle’s midweek 4-0 win at Sheringham.
They are Acle (played eight games), Cromer (eight), Blofield (seven) and Mattishall (seven).
Cromer Town brielfly took over at the top on Saturday with a 2-0 win over hosts Hempnall.
David Harwood provided both goals and the result saw the Crabs rise one place to nip into top spot as leaders Mattishall lost 2-0 to visitors St Andrews (Ben Jervis and Ben Welham) which saw them drop to third.
You may also want to watch:
Blofield United have also overtaken them after gaining a 3-0 victory at basement side Brandon Town with a brace from Sean Brown and a Greg Murphy goal.
Dersingham Rovers were 2-0 victors over visiting Spixworth with Thomas Nicol and Tim Kirby on the scoresheet.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Acle United returned from Loddon United with a 2-0 win too thanks to goals from Joseph Marsden and Ben Morgan.
Wroxham Reserves gained three points from their 3-0 win over hosts Norwich St Johns.
Hitting the net for the Yachtsmen were Matthew Banham, Ashley Mitchell and Stewart Barker.
Meanwhile, in Division One Wells Town still head the table after a 2-1 win at Corton. Their scorers were Scott Gray and Kent Cooper while Stuart Bloomfield replied for the hosts.
Second-placed Long Stratton were 3-0 winners when they visited Stalham Town with Andrew Harvey netting twice and Shaun Flint adding the other goal.
Luke Rackham scored for Wymondham as the Rooks took all three points at Bradenham Wanderers with the game’s only goal.
Bungay Town and visitors Sprowston Athletic shared the spoils as Dale Gowing and Simon Brighten scored one apiece.
Darren Nichols scored a brace in Horsford United’s 3-1 win over Caister with Scott McKinney adding the other and Lee Turner netting for the hosts.
A Shaun Belton goal was all Hindringham had to show for the game against Reepham Town as the Robins scored four times