Beccles FC hope rest will boost cup chances
Beccles Town, who did not have a league game at the weekend, will be in Suffolk Senior Cup first round action (2.15 kick-off) tomorrow. They visit Westerfield United, while Bungay host Coplestonians.
Four teams have 16 points at the top of the Anglian Combination Premier Division after Acle’s midweek 4-0 win at Sheringham.
They are Acle (played eight games), Cromer (eight), Blofield (seven) and Mattishall (seven).
Cromer Town brielfly took over at the top on Saturday with a 2-0 win over hosts Hempnall.
David Harwood provided both goals and the result saw the Crabs rise one place to nip into top spot as leaders Mattishall lost 2-0 to visitors St Andrews (Ben Jervis and Ben Welham) which saw them drop to third.
You may also want to watch:
Blofield United have also overtaken them after gaining a 3-0 victory at basement side Brandon Town with a brace from Sean Brown and a Greg Murphy goal.
Dersingham Rovers were 2-0 victors over visiting Spixworth with Thomas Nicol and Tim Kirby on the scoresheet.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 9 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 10 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
Acle United returned from Loddon United with a 2-0 win too thanks to goals from Joseph Marsden and Ben Morgan.
Wroxham Reserves gained three points from their 3-0 win over hosts Norwich St Johns.
Hitting the net for the Yachtsmen were Matthew Banham, Ashley Mitchell and Stewart Barker.
Meanwhile, in Division One Wells Town still head the table after a 2-1 win at Corton. Their scorers were Scott Gray and Kent Cooper while Stuart Bloomfield replied for the hosts.
Second-placed Long Stratton were 3-0 winners when they visited Stalham Town with Andrew Harvey netting twice and Shaun Flint adding the other goal.
Luke Rackham scored for Wymondham as the Rooks took all three points at Bradenham Wanderers with the game’s only goal.
Bungay Town and visitors Sprowston Athletic shared the spoils as Dale Gowing and Simon Brighten scored one apiece.
Darren Nichols scored a brace in Horsford United’s 3-1 win over Caister with Scott McKinney adding the other and Lee Turner netting for the hosts.
A Shaun Belton goal was all Hindringham had to show for the game against Reepham Town as the Robins scored four times